PDA

View Full Version : Dr Claire Weekes is amazing!!

blondinou
20-11-11, 21:51
I ordered 'Self Help for your Nerves' by Dr Claire Weekes and it arrived in the post a few days ago. I have only read the first 40 or so pages so far but I cant believe how much it speaks to me and defines the ongoing struggle I have in such a clear way. I have read other books about CBT and things but this book is really something else!!! It's like she can see into my head! I am excited because I feel that her suggestions might really change something in me for the better. It's even more remarkable that it was written in the 60s when anxiety and panic attacks weren't even proper diagnoses and were just known as 'nerves'... But to me it makes more sense to call them 'nerves' anyway! I would recommend this to anyone, no wonder I have heard her name many times on this forum.

kah
21-11-11, 07:56
Oooh, I'm excited now. I ordered the same book last week so it should be here today :D xxxx

nicola1980
21-11-11, 08:27
I ordered it sat so should be here tomo x x

kah
21-11-11, 12:53
Mine has just come :D

danbryn
21-11-11, 13:31
ordering mine today :D

blondinou
21-11-11, 20:32
Yay I hope you all find it useful too! It starts in a very uplifting way about how we all can get better regardless of how long we have been 'suffering from nerves'! It's nice to hear some positivity.