PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust your Dr?

MightyPC
20-11-11, 23:09
Can gps alter blood results? I've been having lft, kft, fbc and cholesterol for over a year as my alt and bilirubin has been raised and my cholesterol fasted fluctuates from 5.3 to 6.3. Ive thought it very strange that he has never referred me to have further tests and find it quite pointless having these tests done every 5 months. The tests I have had I have paid for privately and given him a copy of the report. Anyway to keep this brief, on my last visit I thought enough is enough as he had misread my US report which he has had since Feb and looks at everytime I see him. I changed to a different surgery in town and the new GP an old English dr said as no records had been received from the old practice he would run the compulsory bloods. I was told I didn't need to fast. I got my results on Friday and was expecting the same levels to be out. To my amazement he said all were perfect and I had no inflammation either. He remarked that my cholesterol was slightly raised at 5.5 and also questioned that my records from the old surgery are missing. I find this strange and even more strange that the levels are fine and my cholesterol was low given that I hadn't fasted too for the test. I am now wondering whether the old GP was at it which would make sense why I was never referred or sent for further testing. I'm also aware that gps make money everytime that see a patient. This practises was never busy. I also find it strange that my records have gone astray. I am seriously considering reporting this. Anyone experience anything like this?

nomorepanic
20-11-11, 23:18
I would say that no GP's can't and wouldn't alter blood tests results to be honest.

You should be able to track your records down though.

PinkRoxy
21-11-11, 07:01
Thats is disgusting if your GP does that.
For me I dont trust any gps unless I really get to know them then the trust is given. My original gp left in June and I am still getting use to a new gp and its hard but what can you do.

I would certainly mention it though to the clinic and see where it goes from there otherwise if you feel uncomfortable with your gp I would consider changing to a different one.

blue moon
21-11-11, 07:27
I trust my Doctor he is my husband :D

MightyPC
21-11-11, 11:17
Thanks for your replies. Pink Roxy, I am not saying he changed the results as I have no proof and will never know though I find it extremely strange that a new GP, different surgery complete the same tests and all is clear when my levels have been out for 12 months. I also cannot understand why the old GP never referred to find out why these levels were out. I failed to state in my post that during my scan in Feb the US revealed a kidney cyst measuring 6.5 x 6.7 x 5.2cms. The report showed these measurements in mm not cm. I recently had bladder issues and mentioned the cyst possibly as being the culprit, he laughed it off and said the cyst was too small and he had just read the report. When I mentioned that my understanding is that a cyst of 6cm is considered large enough to drain or surgically remove, he said your cyst is only small. I tol;d him to get the report back on his screen, which he didnt want to do, and pointed to the measurements. He turned pale and apologised. This was the final reason for me to leave. This guy had this report since Feb and reads it each time I visit his surgery. I find it appalling. How can you trust someone like this clown?

Babyalpinestar
21-11-11, 11:20
I do not trust my Doctor, for reasons I wont go into, they either dont bloody know or dont care! The odd one is good but that depends on your luck!