PDA

View Full Version : Some advise please on taking Propranolol

Lee2475
20-11-11, 23:18
Hi all
I've been having panic attacks for over 10 years now,now 37.
I've been given Propranolol Friday,so I started taking them Saturday,I'm feeling sick in the evenings now abit,full of gas,is this a side affect?
I know I've only been on them for 2 days but was fine before.
They took me off valuime in the end,I only took it when I needed it but it worked well.
Hoping this will help me,I seem to get bad in shops and sometimes for no reason.
Ism on 40 mg,when is the best time of day to take this?i been taking it in the morning,should I take it nite time??
Any help would be good,and things not to do or do.
Thanks very much
Lee

margrtking
20-11-11, 23:41
I take 40mg but it dont seem to do much for me, mind you i take them when im real bad.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Do they help you at all?

Littlehelper123
20-11-11, 23:50
i take 10mg and thats crap lol

try Kalms

ive been taking kalms and they work better than prescription drugs

im having hypnotherapy too and thats working x

pinkdove
21-11-11, 14:46
Lee it is best to take propanolol, when you feel you need it, and it should last around three hours or so, you can get tired on them at first, but that should pass, and when you have been taking them a couple of weeks or so, you should start see any side effects go away, but after taking them, they work pretty quickly, after about half an hour or so. hopw this helps x

margrtking
21-11-11, 14:49
Thank you pinkdove you have summed it up for me in a nutshell.

Cjo20
22-11-11, 14:31
I started on slow-release propranolol (80mg) on saturday, and I'm getting similar digestive symptoms to you in the evenings, although it did persist a little throughout the day. Sunday was worse than saturday, but last night was much better. I'm hoping I'll be back to 'normal' in a day or two.

Propranolol really has helped with my anxiety, I feel much much calmer than I did before, with just the occasional rapid breathing.

Lee2475
22-11-11, 19:09
Yes it seems worse in the evenings, abit of grumble from it during the day,
They do work i will agree with you on that, just wish the sick feeling would go.

Was fine before so its defo these things, What time of day do you take yours?

Ive just read the instuctions and it says to take with meals :wacko: something i havent being doing either!!

How you feeling on yours today??
cheers Lee

Cjo20
23-11-11, 00:13
Much much better today, felt properly hungry, no real sick feeling at all, still a bit bloated though.

Had a bit of a cough since Monday, but I keep on telling myself that is due to a cold and not a side-effect of the propranolol.

I take mine first thing in the morning, pretty much as soon as i have breakfast.

Lee2475
27-11-11, 12:06
Well im not sure on these things now.
Its been over a week,and there still upsetting my stomach(not so bad)
I done a test and walked into my local store to do shopping, i still freaked out.
Ive had to do all my shopping online for christmas as i just cant go into shops.
I cant even do tesco anymore,unless its late at night then i struggle,small shops i seem ok no proplem, I cant do big stores really begining to P--- me off.
The only way i can do it is to take a diazapam :weep:

Any advise what to do next?

Cant keep taking these diazapams like i am,im finding myself looking online now for them as the doctor aint gonna give me anymore and at £4 a pill this could be costly.
Tried to confront my fears and just go into the store and stay in there,but i just cant do it. why though??

Gonna go see a counciler i think now or something.

I do have ankylosing spondylitis i was wondering if this is having an effect?
I do have to inject myself with humeria every 3 weeks or im crippled up.

Thanks Lee

chappers1980
27-11-11, 12:49
Do you take your propranonol on an empty stomach? I find if i eat something, even just a a biscuit before taking them, I don't feel so gassy.

Lee2475
27-11-11, 13:14
I did take them first thing on an empty stomach, made me feel really bad, so now i take them lunch time, i do find them better now,so i may just keep trying them for abit and see what happenes.

hollyhocks
08-11-12, 20:08
i know this is an old thread but do you take a stomach protector lee?

Something like nexium is good.

I take Nexium, together with propranalol, indomethacin and Enbrel for my AS