PDA

View Full Version : Disgusted with these thoughts

JM9258
21-11-11, 02:18
Hey, just wondering if anyone could help me as i'm having intrusive thoughts of a sexual nature about my family members and friends which I absolutely hate, these thoughts are becoming more graphic everytime they keep recurring which I feel so disgusted with I want to just hide away and feel sick but I can't but I want to be but not force myself to, I would NEVER act on these because they are so evil, upsetting and disgusting but I feel no emotion which worries me even more, if anyone can help me

jaded jean
21-11-11, 06:26
Hi JM9258.
If you are on meds this can happen sometimes- but as you yourself have said it is something that would not even happen. They are just thoughts-Anxiety does not help either. Just discard them as another annoying thought but if it is troubling you go and talk to your GP hun ,
Good Luck- Jaen

Dafyddjohndavies
21-11-11, 17:22
I too have these, thoughts that pop in your head that make you question yourself. It's normal, you just have to ignore them. I think we all have these to some degree but anxiety makes you focus on them more so you notice them. The more you don't want to think these thoughts the more they show up.

Just try and ignore them, I'm not on meds and still get them. I just accept that it's nothing to do with me. Id only be worried if these thoughts brought you excitement rather than disgust.

Your reaction tells me your normal.