PDA

View Full Version : Work

kirgray
21-11-11, 10:48
Hi All, Well im due back at work next week phased return im already feeling anxious about it!! i will just have to see how i get on, i'll be honest i dont feel that different from when i first went off ill but my doctor thinks i should try the phased return and see how i get on ive been off 4 weeks in total, how is everyone getting on that is off work at the moment? xx

chappers1980
21-11-11, 11:26
I've gone back to work today after 4 weeks off on a phased return, just doing 8.30 until 12 for now. Was ok until I got in the car and then felt really sick but once I got to work and had a long chat with my boss and spoke to everyone, feeling a lot calmer. The first day will always be the worst. I feel about 60-70% better but being back at work I know will make a difference getting back into a routine. I'd definitely take the phased return, you will need it x

kirgray
21-11-11, 11:48
Thanks Chappers im so glad it has gone ok for you! any tips for me?! ive got another week yet but already i can feel that dreaded feeling creeping up on me! i will just have to try and ignore the feeling and keep positive on this one!

chappers1980
21-11-11, 12:51
You just need to set clear boundaries. Don't say you are better than you are. I'm lucky in that the people i work with are very supportive so i've been totally open with them about the reasons i've been off which for me has taken a lot of the pressure off as i can be "me" rather than pretending i'm fine. And don't rush to get better quicker than you are as everyone is different whether that be at work or whether you stay off a bit.

My biggest problem is worrying about things in advance, all the things i'd been playing over in my mind that would happen, didn't. Other than being sick, but that doesn't really matter as it doesn't hurt!