PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else had these symptoms?

Matthewg
21-11-11, 13:06
Hello Everyone, I was hoping you would be able to help me.

About 3 weeks ago i started suffering with really bad indigestion and heartburn. I was getting that horrid bloating feeling and sharp pains across the top of my abdomen.

I went to see my doctor and she put me on omeprazole told me to wait 3 weeks, after two weeks my anxiety really started to play up as i lost about 9lbs in weight, i think maybe because i was eating so delicately scared too trigger the heartburn and indigestion. I went back even though i was starting to feel better as i was concerned about the weight loss. She gave me full blood tests and stool tests. Which have all come back fine.

She said the only thing they hadnt tested for was an ulcer, so i have had to stop the omeprazole for 2 weeks to allow it to clear from my system.

Since i stopped my omeprazole (friday 18th) my indigestion and heartburn have been fine really the odd little bit here and there but nothing that even i would worry about. But dont know if this is due to the omeprazole still being in my systems.

But i cannot shake this nauseous feeling and i cannot get my appetite back. My weight loss seems to have bottomed out, somedays lose a bit others may get it back. After meals i always seem to need the toilet, especially in the morning and lunch.

Im constantly looking at my stools for blood but they are normal brown (sorry for the details)

Just wondering & hoping maybe someone else has been through this and could help me understand? have i got something really wrong like the 'c' word or is it my anxiety playing up?? i'm so scared its something sinister.

Its probably worth noting im 26, male.

Thank you in advance for any replies :)

Lilyblue
21-11-11, 18:18
Have you had an endoscopy to test for ulcers?
Could be dyspepsia or non ulcer dyspepsia (acid)
Ny hiatus hernia causes my acid problems

haz
21-11-11, 19:33
Wow! Maybe I'm just noticing them more because I'm suffering at the moment but there seems to be a lot of posts just now re: IBS/HEARTBURN/INDIGESTION. ?????

Matthewg
21-11-11, 20:37
Thank you for the replies. No I haven't had an endoscopy yet, I'm hoping once this two week period is up, that is the route next. Even if anything just to put my mind at rest.

Im sick of feeling rubbish all day an having no appetite. I'm desperately trying to stay away from dr google as my anxiety will go off the scales.

Has anyone else ever had a bad spell of nausea after indigestion. I'm hoping it's just gas causing it as I'm always burping out both ends lol!

Horse
22-11-11, 20:29
Point of interest here is that whenever I have to stop taking Omeprazole, my stomach appears to calm down as well!

I'm about to undergo my 5th Gastro-endoscopy in three weeks (I'm collecting Air Miles), therefore I need to stop the Omep in a week and I bet my stomach is a lot better.

Ironically enough, the leaflet included with the medication does state that stomach pain, wind and nausea are the more common side effects of this drug which I find a little strange considering that's the very reason I take them in the first place!

Horse.

Matthewg
24-11-11, 12:54
I was wondering if the bloating, wind and nausea were caused by perhaps to much acid being removed from the stomach and the food not being broke down enough? just a thought.

I had a bad panic attack and went to see my GP on tuesday he could tell i was clearly distressed and agreed to put me in for endoscopie & colon, ive just got to get too wait until monday the 5th of december. He asked me to agree that if these results come back positive that i am willing to accept that some of my symptoms may be brought about by my anxiety! Which is fine with me i just want the proof that everything is ok :( this is all getting me down so much, worrying.

I was having a really good day yesterday no symptoms, then today there all back! its the not knowing whats causing them that is worrying me sick :(

Can i ask why you have required so many endoscopies horse?

Horse
30-01-12, 10:25
Forgive the delay.
I've only just seen your question.

The reason for so many Endoscopies is mainly to do with long term stomach issues.

Admittedly, these have been over the period of about 15 to 20 years.

First one I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease.
Second was a small ulcer (I think).
3rd, 4th and last were negative.

Horse.

Greenman50
31-01-12, 19:50
Hi Kevin

Just wanted to say i,m pleased the scope went well , as in all clear .

:yesyes: