PDA

View Full Version : Sleep insomnia help!

margrtking
21-11-11, 15:03
I have really got a lot on mind lately and i just cant sleep at night i was on mirt a year ago and they did do the trick but i got fat so dont want to go back on them now i've lost the weight, has anyone any advise for over the counter sleeping pills and did they work? x

JohnBliss
21-11-11, 15:53
Hi there
We swear by Phenergan.They work a treat for both my wife and me.We buy the 25mg strength over the counter and split them in two for a 12.5 mg dose which we find is enough to do the job
Best of luck
John

xhyperyogix
21-11-11, 17:06
Hey John! What's Phenergan??? Love to sort out my insomnia! i even have temazepam for it but it seems to only work for 4 hours or so atm......

marg - sorry to hijack your thread! Hope that this helps you! As i said to John I get meds for the sleep and they don't put weight on, but they are benzos, so I have to be careful, but they don't seem to work on a consistant basis!! However when they work and I'm not sooo wound up that it's stupid, I can sometimes have a lovely sleep with them!!

Love Hyper xxx

JohnBliss
21-11-11, 21:21
Hi Hyperyogi
Phenergan is the Brand name.The active ingredient is a substance named Promethazine Hydrochloride.The product is indicated for allergic conditions eg hayfever but also travel sickness and also to treat Insomnia. Just ask for it at the Chemist Counter in Boots
Regards
John