PDA

View Full Version : Head pressure

Maxine1001
21-11-11, 21:19
Hiya all,

Was wondering if anyone can relate to what I am feeling. I feel like I have pressure in my head, its mainly behind my nose and on the top of my head and it feels like my head is trying to expand or like something is pressing against the inside of my head trying to get out.

It dosent cause me any pain but I notice it. I have GAD but this head pressure thing is a new one on me, I dont know if its another symptom going along to try and catch me out as most of my others have been.

I worked out through a counseller 3 points where my anxiety have stemmed from and one of them was an experience I had while driving - I broke down on a ring road which is also a notorious accident blackspot.

Anyhow I have avoided driving on ring roads and dual carriageways for the past 6 months but since I went to see a counseller I decided enough was enough and I had to face my fear. So over the past month Ive been driving over a small stretch of ring road on my way to work and in the last week I drove across a longer stretch of ring road on my way home from college - it wasnt easy but I did it!

But over the last week Ive been experiencing this head pressure and its becoming almost constant. Its worse when im driving and when im at work and I feel its making me go backwards in my ring road progress. It was so bad while driving across one the other day I ended up in a layby for an hour waiting for it to calm down.

Does anyone have this? Im fairly convinced its just down to anxiety, but Im not 100%

jessicalittler79
21-11-11, 23:08
hey ,hun i cant belive i found someone with same thing :( ihave had this bad bad for 1 week now ive had it a bit in the past but my pressure is right top of head bad and nose too iam also alittle lightheaded too with it :(

Maxine1001
22-11-11, 20:07
Yeah, it feels like my nose is about to burst open sometimes :( felt lightheaded and off balance today with it, went to my doc and he said it maybe sinisitus and to go back in a week or sooner if it gets worse

Fly away Katie
22-11-11, 21:31
I can't believe someone else has this. THANK GOD im not alone!!!

Ive had it for 2 and a half weeks CONSTANT in the back of my head, its driving me CRAZY xxx