PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling plans

Munki
22-11-11, 18:23
Does anyone else suffer from this?

I constantly worry about my friendships and that I have to work at them to keep them alive. I then make plans but sometimes panic last minute and cancel. I've even started to panic about all things social, even though I make myself do them.

I'm planning my wedding for next year and am now panicking that people won't come.

How do I overcome this crippling fear of doing things??
x

Littlehelper123
23-11-11, 11:29
I started doing this a few months back. The best thing you can do is meet up with maybe one close friend to start with. Just go for a drink. talk to them about how you feel then next time you go out , go out with two friends. Build it up gradually.

The worst thing you can do is runaway from the situation. Stick with it. The more you stick with it the more you'll achieve and the quicker the panic attacks will go.

Its scary going out in public sometimes but just keep saying to yourself "im no different to anyone else. No one is looking at me, no one is watching me , I am fine, I am safe"

Build it up slowly xxx

pinkdove
23-11-11, 13:37
Do you have one good friend you can confide in ? sometimes it is good to talk things over, you will be surprised at how many people suffer from anxiety, and people understand, be kind to yourself, your friends probably don't notice any difference in you, but you will feel better if you take things slowly and talk to someone you can trust. you will get there. good luck x

Munki
23-11-11, 16:57
Thanks guys. Yes I do, I have a few good friends who, luckily, love coming to my house for chill out time. I see them regularly or at least, semi-regularly. It's just when there are events coming up that I get terribly anxious. I still do most things but get petrified beforehand. However, I have no idea what of. I think its the 'thought' of having to do something....

Munki
24-11-11, 16:25
You're right. And thanks. It's like an apprehension anxiety. Once I do it I'm okay, its the build up!