PDA

View Full Version : my anxites have changed...

Em.ma
22-11-11, 18:24
M anxiety used to all be centered around my health now a little but not so much and i worry about house hold stuff. for example today, my dad was cleaning and he found a wire in a little rectangular box hanging out. of course thatt is going to cause a fire now (we had a BT man come the other day to fix internet and he fiddled with some wires and this is were it was near. my problem were my room is and were the wire is if there is a fire there is no escape for me.
all madness proberly. also we had a squirells in the loft last year and not sure if there gone now. dad is going up there later this week.
Also monday im cleaning all the mould of my blind (havnt had time yet except for the evenings and i cant be bothereed when i get in at 6) so i worry that will affect me to (so i guess the health is still there a bit)
Anyway....
Has anyone gone from health to other anxieties?

Humly
22-11-11, 19:09
Hi Em.ma. Yes I have switched from major health anxiety to anxiety about other things now. My HA is zero at the mo but massive about other stuff. I think that deep down I must have a need to worry about something and I latch onto whatever is happening at the time whether it be health symptoms or everyday stuff. Its rotten isnt it.

Em.ma
22-11-11, 21:50
I know its awful :(
mines because im scared of death so i latch onto everything i can to keep me "safe" im scared to sleep tonight cause of the wire but what can i do?

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

i cant even seem to re focus my brain on something. I need an earlier- ish night but dont know how to get one

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

i dont know what the wire is and the squirrels to :(

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

or squirrels in the loft causing a fire. i still here bangs at night from there. sparrows make different sound n come in morning

mikewales
23-11-11, 07:49
The bangs at night are probably the joists moving as the house cools down, this is quite normal, wood expands and contracts with heat, and can bang and creak as it changes.

If the wire is a really thin one by the phone socket, probably with a stripy sleeve around it, then it is part of the phone wiring, it will either carry no or a tiny voltage, and is nothing to worry about. House wiring that carries mains voltages is much thicker, and should have a plain coloured sleeve ( either black, red, brown or blue depending on the age ) or a striped green and yellow one.

If there was a bare mains wire sticking out, the telephone engineer would have refused to work near it

blondedonnakebab35
23-11-11, 07:55
hi can anyone help me i have been having panic or anxiety for 8 months now some days r good even weeks then bang they come again i feel as im in a bad dream and will wake up and its gone

JM9258
23-11-11, 16:31
I know exactly how u feel its like living in a nightmare and feels like mental torture aswell, I would suggest talking to your GP to get some medication and they can also offer some helpful advice too. :)

Em.ma
23-11-11, 17:46
Thanks Mike.
Yes its a bloody nightmare lol.
dads going up there tommorow (loft) but i dont want to know if the squirrel is still living up there (dad says he hasnt heard it 4 ages) but he wonts to see if he can block it of if it is coming in.
Mike- its lot of little wires in a rectunglar think white box x

mikewales
23-11-11, 17:55
OK, those wires are just for the phone, old phones needed 4 wires connected to them, modern ones only need 2, so there are normally a couple of spare ones, these dont carry any electricity, so you dont need to worry about those

Em.ma
23-11-11, 21:18
Thanks Mike :)
I just hate going to bed worrying about fires from rats or wires etc x

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

my mums leaving the lounge window open tonight she said (she sleeps in here) i offered to close it and she shouted "stop using the teenage attitude and leave it open" all i said calmly was "would you like me to close it for you mum" :@
we had someone throw a brick threw our window once.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

i can also hear clicks like were the phone wire was.