PDA

View Full Version : Help with these thoughts

JM9258
23-11-11, 01:33
I'm really suffering with these thoughts, might possible OCD as i'm having these disgusting thoughts of a sexual nature, I fear that i'm losing my attraction, having graphic innapropriate thoughts, fear of being gay, peadophile, incest it's just i'm having a gronial response to these and nightmares, it's like my head is tricking me into thinking these are pleasureable when I find them disgusting and repulsive, somebody please help me out here, it's like my head says yes to these but i'm saying no.

KK77
23-11-11, 01:56
Remember that thoughts and actions are two different things. Just because you might have intrusive thoughts about, say, paedophilia, it doesn't make you a paedophile unless you act it out. Just as fearing you're gay doesn't make you gay. The fact that you recognise these thoughts as unwanted and intrusive points to OCD.

I would speak to your doctor if you haven't already done so, as OCD can be treated with meds and talking therapies.

alicia10
23-11-11, 23:23
Honestly....I suffered from TERRIBLE thoughts too. Mine weren't sexual in nature, but were violent so that I was scared to even be around people. I ended up at an out patient doctor in a hospital saying they should put me somewhere I couldn't harm people. They didn't (I was never going to do anything!) but I was so scared.

I know everyone in the world can say this and you still may think there's something intrinsically wrong with you, but remember that they are just THOUGHTS. It really sounds like this is anxiety and remember that if you are feeling this because of an anxiety disorder you are NOT dangerous, and you will not act on these things. My therapist said everyone gets thoughts like these, but in people such as you and I it's the fear we attach to them which keep them with us and I think that's so true.

The thing which helped me is, hard as it is, not giving in to them. Keep going and don't let them stop you doing things. The busier you are, the more you will get a break from them and eventually, I promise you, you will put them into perspective.