PDA

View Full Version : gap before physical symptoms of anxiety hit

emmasaurus
23-11-11, 09:22
hi all. i'm fairly new here; a bit of a lurker. i just wondered whether anybody knew why i might have a 'grace period' of between thirty and forty minutes after waking before the (severe) physical symptoms of anxiety clobber me? could it just be that my body and/or mind aren't alert enough at this point to misbehave?

Jamesk
23-11-11, 10:24
hi all. i'm fairly new here; a bit of a lurker. i just wondered whether anybody knew why i might have a 'grace period' of between thirty and forty minutes after waking before the (severe) physical symptoms of anxiety clobber me? could it just be that my body and/or mind aren't alert enough at this point to misbehave?

No idea :shrug: but I will be interested in any answers you get as this is common for me also.

spacebunnyx
23-11-11, 10:25
hi emma,

i know what you mean.. when i've had anxiety i've had the same thing. i think "yeyy! i feel better!" only to get the first symptoms half an hour later. not sure why it happens though.

jess xxx

kah
23-11-11, 13:51
Yep me too, no idea why!!

JBK
25-11-11, 16:50
Same here. I believe it’s because in your haze of sleepiness you can't focus on yourself. Once your good and awake you start fiercely internalizing or at least that’s what happens to me sometimes.