PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 - already feel dizzy & driving

Ambers
23-11-11, 13:51
Hi - I am on day 2 and due to take my third tablet of 50mg. I feel slightly woozy but I have to do the school run which is about a 10 minute drive. I cannot get out of the school run as I have no one else to do them for me. Does anyone know if the dizziness will increase as I go along?

I do feel very tired on these tablets but still not sleeping - hope this improves with time.

Patsta
24-11-11, 23:38
Hi Ambers,
Feeling woozy or light headed is a very common side effect of taking sertraline. It does get better with time. As for doing the school run, you will be fine, just take it easy, allow yourself a little more time, and try to remember.....its something that you've done before with no problem, so you won't have a problem this time either. As time goes by, you will start to feel better on these meds, but they do take time to work and perserverence is the key to succeeding. You will have good and bad days until the meds kick in, but just remember they will make you feel better in no time at all. As for the tiredness, that will also subside, sometimes its a combination of the meds and our anxiety/depression. Your sleep patterns will also get better. Do you take your meds in the morning or evening? I always took mine in the morning as I've heard that sometimes taking them in the evening caused sleeping problems.
Things will improve for you, don't ever think that they won't....its hard in the beginning especially with any side effects of the meds which can sometimes make us feel worse, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.....I've been there many times!
Good Luck, take care
Patty:)

Ambers
25-11-11, 13:27
Thank you Patty - everyone on here has been a godsend with advice and I feel encourage to carry on :)

Ambers
27-11-11, 19:58
Day six - still feel tired, slighty dazed and have no energy. Have nausea in the mornings and a bad tummy but managable. I haven't lose my appertite which is amazing as usually food is the first thing to go when I feel unwell. I cannot afford to lose any weight! I am waiting for my anxiety to increase but truthfully I haven't really pushed myself since taking the meds other than the school runs.

Patsta
28-11-11, 02:45
Hi Ambers,
Sounds like you are doing great! The tiredness and dazed feeling will soon pass, as will the bad tummy, they are all common side effects. Its great that your anxiety hasn't increased as a side effect and I don't think it will as this seems to present in the early days of stating meds. Well done and keep up the good work!
Take care
Patty

Ambers
28-11-11, 08:01
Thank you Patty - how are you? How long have you been on the meds? I hope my anxiety doesn't increase because I worry that I will stop if that happens.

Patsta
28-11-11, 19:25
Hi Ambers
I have been on and off meds for 10 years now...i tend to go off them when I feel better and forget to start taking them....it has varied over time, how long I stay of them, I think it all depends on what life is throwing at me at the time! I've just started back on them, day 2 today, yesterday wasn't so bad....fuzzy head, a little bit of anxiety and tiredness, but got through it ok, with the help of hubby who'd taken the day off work. I honestly don't think your anxiety will increase now, it usually happens in the first couple of days of starting meds...so I think you've been one of the lucky ones...lol....and if you did start to feel a little anxious, you would get through it, because it is only temporary!
Sounds like you are doing really well! Well done!
Cheers
Patty:D

xtremx
29-11-11, 19:07
Hi ambers, Looking at your thread is helpfull to me as i have sertraline for the past week (still in the packet). But I am still umming and ahhing about starting them as never really tried anything like this.

Doc has told me to take 25mg for a week or two then up it to 50mg after that.

Ambers
29-11-11, 20:15
Xtremx - Sometimes you have to take a chance in order to change things. I couldn't go on with ever increasing anxiety so I have taken steps to get better. I take my pill at 4pm and by 9pm I am ready to sleep now - I didn't sleep much for weeks prior to taking Sertraline, so thats an improvement already for me! I dont think 25mg will do much but may give you confidance in these meds. Good Luck and I am here if you need to vent etc. :)

Patsta
29-11-11, 20:33
Xtremx, Amber is right, you have to take a chance to change things. We get so caught up in how we are feeling and its a vicious cycle, just keeps going round and round....taking the meds helps us to feel better and think more logically. Its not easy the first week or so, I won't lie about that, some of the side effects are not nice...ie. increased anxiety, agitation, fuzzininess just to name a few, but you may not even get them...if you do they do subside and you will start to feel good! I've been on and off sertraline (Zoloft) for 10 years now, and I find dthem to be fantastic.....take the chance, you have nothing to lose!
Good luck and take care
Patty:)

Ambers
30-11-11, 11:02
Hi - Day 9 and still no major signs, nausea getting better and tummy not so bad. Less tired too and dizzy spells minor. Anxiety quite good on school run a much more easier drive. Still feel pressure and stress easily but I hope that gets better in time. I am so glad now I gave Sertraline a chance... I tried 18 months ago but got scared and stopped!

Patsta
30-11-11, 20:12
Thats fantastic Ambers, you are doing so well! The pressure and stress will ease up soon, its quite a wierd sensation, you feel calm, but a little on edge, if that makes any sense, or at least thats how I feel! Its only going to get better from now on, keep up the good work! Well done!
Take care
Patty:D

xtremx
01-12-11, 09:46
Thanks Ambers & Patsta, Will be starting them tomorrow.

Ambers pleased to hear that you are starting to get on with Sertraline:)