PDA

View Full Version : ultimate panic!

kwarly
23-11-11, 18:08
Hi everyone, just registered with this site. Have suffered with anxiety, bit of OCD and a few panic attacks for years now but just discovered this site! I've been pretty good for a while now, but had an anxious weekend, decided to go back on citalopram which i already had at home and had a hideous reaction to it. one of the worst panics i have ever had, LITERALLY thought I would end up in a mental institution by the end of the night. Felt shivery and cold all over, complete desensitisation to everything, palpitations, it was absolutely horrific. Actually insisted I got taken to A&E which is where I actually have been working for the last ten months so that shows how bad it was, i had to go through it in front of my colleagues. I've now been prescribed setraline with propanalol if i want it and although i've only been taking it for two days, it's so scary taking new medication! Everything I do and feel I analyse SO much to ensure it's not having a bad effect or creating side effects.... god it's so tiring.
Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and that although I hope everyone is improving in their own way, it is a relief to see people going through the same things.
Best wishes xx

nicola1980
23-11-11, 18:53
Hi and :welcome:, im on cit and had awful side effects with it,been on it 10 weeks and only starting to settle down! how scary it must have been for u, i know the pure fear of panic attacks so know exactly what ur going thro, hope the sertraline works for u and u don't suffer many or any side effects!!! xx

Mashy
23-11-11, 19:38
Hello! I'm new here too! I had the same horrible panic as you on Citalopram, even though my doctor told me to take that instead of Prozac as it has less side-effects!!:doh: I was fine on Prozac though even though I ended up stopping it as I got caught in a motorway pile up and felt absolutely nothing in the way of emotions, completely freaked me out so never took another.

I lasted 2 days on Citalopram, didnt sleep and had constant waves of panic attacks, worse medication ever!

william wallace
23-11-11, 19:47
:welcome: Citalopram does work but takes a while, and the increased anxiety can be frightening. Having a shit day myself again so all I can offer is a :hugs:

Mepanicalways
23-11-11, 19:49
Hello , what you have said sounds very similar to me , I hate taking new medication and will try not to pop pills at all . I also work in a hospital which I really dont think helps my phobias at all but can not afford to just leave . My hubby when I first started suffering with panic attacks and got put on citalopram (which I am still on) and diazepam took out the info leaflet from inside and threw it away so that I could not read side effects etc ...that did help but the wonderful world of the internet allows us to google anything . Its a bloody viscious circle and even thought I know its not doing me any favours I still do it .
I have recently joined this web site and it is so nice to read other sufferers stories
I hope you ,me and everyone else on here finds help that we all deserve x :bighug1:

kwarly
24-11-11, 17:25
thanks for such a good response! I actually found that citalopram worked brilliantly for me a few years ago, after just a few days i felt that things were "real" again and less anxiety. I just actually feel quite traumatised by how bad i was earlier in the week, i still don't trust that i wont get worse than that. need to have my problem properly diagnosed really, am starting CBT soon so maybe they will diagnose it officially for me!!! i also read something on this website that says about getting a physical health check up prior to anything else, which the dr has never done for me, not even a blood test...hmm... have any of you done that?