PDA

View Full Version : Penis Redness Symptom

boy
23-11-11, 21:21
Hi. This thread may be a bit vulgar for some so be warned.

A couple of Sundays ago I noticed in the morning that overnight, two sort of thin red patches on the left of the head of my penis had developed, just a little south of the opening. They looked like maybe I'd scratched myself in two places in the night. By that evening it had become one larger patch of red that swallowed them up, maybe 1cm down and 0.5cm wide.

It doesn't itch, hurt, bleed or ooze. I'm uncircumcised and the affected patch is not covered by the foreskin, but outside.

It hasn't really gone away since. It hasn't got any bigger. I don't think I've helped matters by (sorry) erections which pull the healing skin apart, which seems to set me back a fews day's healing. On two occasions (last Friday and Monday just gone) I've been able to peel bits of dead skin away from the aforementioned damage. I've not been 'up to anything' since Monday in an effort to allow it to heal properly.

It's a little smooth, dry and a slightly plastic-y texture compared to the rest of the head, and doesn't seem to want to stretch much. It's somewhat faded to a pinker colour pink instead of red now I've let it calm down for a couple of days undisturbed (save for gentle poking and feeling of the texture, which can make it redder for a little while). While it's not got any bigger since that initial one-day burst, I'm getting increasingly anxious that it's not going away either.

Unfortunately a few minutes ago I gave in to panic and Googled symptoms and images. To my horror they look similar to what I have only a lot further down the line.

Of course I plan to go to the doctor now but I'm wondering if any other men on here have experienced anything similar? It's unexplained, I don't know what could have caused this. And if it isn't dangerous and I'm fine, I'm hoping reawaken my full-time health anxiety which I'd mostly managed to kick.

KK77
24-11-11, 01:04
I've never had this but it sounds like some form of irritation to me, rather than anything sinister. Sometimes bath products/cosmetics can cause a reaction, but I think you're wise to get it checked out, if anything to put your mind at rest.

boy
24-11-11, 13:40
Thanks for the reply! Hope so. I've booked an appointment with the doctor. And now we wait.

Worried_Male
25-11-11, 01:26
I have had something kind of similar to this.

Give my thread a read.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=101774

boy
26-11-11, 14:18
Cheers. Yea I did have a search first and came across your thread, though I posted my own because mine doesn't itch.

Worried_Male
27-11-11, 20:27
Cheers. Yea I did have a search first and came across your thread, though I posted my own because mine doesn't itch.

I don't really think mine was itchy, just knowing it was there made me think it felt itchy and irritable.

Have you tried putting some hydrocortisone cream on it?

theharvestmouse
28-11-11, 08:59
been to the doctors yet? sounds nasty but sure it can be treated.

boy
28-11-11, 17:00
Just got back from the doctor. He reckoned it was thrush and gave me Clotrimazole (Canesten) cream.