PDA

View Full Version : so anxious

anxious eddy
23-11-11, 22:43
hi can anyone help im continually thinking that people think bad of me,just little things become major for instance last week i told my sister something about someone then i panicked and thought it wasnt my place to then it just spiralled out of control i was imagining all these scenarios that i would of caused and to be honest what i said was so insignificent its ridiculous. ive had the week of work and i dread going back on monday incase they have been speaking about me...i imagine what theyd be saying ,i hate it the more i think the worse it is help please

Moggo
23-11-11, 22:50
Our minds play all manor of tricks on us. What you said was not even mentioned again I bet :)

Don't worry :)

anxious eddy
23-11-11, 22:54
nah it wasnt lol but i just wish id get over this hurdle ,its getting harder each time it seems now

margrtking
24-11-11, 08:19
Oh god i get like that all the time. It gets so bad i spend most of my time reliving the conversation and talking aloud about my response the other persons response. God it is a nightmare! Then im freaking out worrying about it for days on end and im still reliving the conversation. It makes me so scared. But now i do know why i do it now so i understand more. I went to a councellor and told her all about how i felt and my everyday life and how i view things and she said i had OCD and i was striving for perfection, cause so many terrible things had happened to me, so least i know why now. I had to go to a councellor cause it was my last hope to understand myself and why was i doing all these weird things.

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

I keep alot away from partner as he would think i was mad. I talk to myself alot going over and over the conversation out loud and all my worries too.I have been with him for nearly 4 years. He knows that i am like that but when he is around and i have an urge to talk i make out im talking to the cat about it lol.