PDA

View Full Version : Recurring symptoms

j2
24-11-11, 04:48
I am long time sufferer of HA. I am 40, male, smoker and not taking meds. For the last month or so I have been getting a combination of symptoms that are worrisome. I get a really cold right hand, headache, slight dizziness, nausea and sleepiness that can't be explained. I am not feeling anxious or in any particular situation that usually causes anxiety in me when this happens. After a few hours it settles down or goes away completely. Sometimes my heart is racing but it is hard to tell which of these is from anxiety vs. which is anxiety from the symptoms. I just had complete blood work (CBC) and nothing was found. My doctor listened to my heart and lungs and said nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I have not lost any weight. This cycle is terribly concerning to me and would have sent me to the ER in years past but I keep telling myself that the symptoms go away after a while so they must be anxiety but I am beginning to lose my resolve. My wife just looks at me like I am nuts when I try and talk to her about it. She is a very stoic German who is a great person but compassion and empathy are not her strongest traits. Does anyone else get something like this or have any tips? Thanks in advance and please respond as I am coming a bit unglued.

J2

countrygirl
24-11-11, 19:03
I assume you have told your Dr all of these symptoms and how they occur?? They sound like panic adrenaline surges especially the racing heartbeat and this can happen even if you don't feel anxious.

Remember that symptoms are not signs that you are ill - everyone has symptoms but Drs look for signs that something is wrong and these are not the same.

Maybe talk to your Dr again about the symptoms and also admit what you are frighened they could be as the Dr could do tests to rule some things.

j2
25-11-11, 05:12
i have mentioned these things to my doctor and he did the whole feel my nodes, listen to my lungs and check my blood pressure. Since I had just had normal blood work he said it was anxiety. I just don't know where to turn. I feel fine or at least as close as I get and then out of nowhere I am terrified of all these symptoms. I feel beaten.