PDA

View Full Version : Am I really not the only one?

Rockdj78
24-11-11, 10:29
Hi,

I'm hoping that by finding this site, I will be able to convince myself that other people suffer the same physical symptoms as me. Since being taken ill whilst working abroad two years ago I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks ever since. I was put on one medication after the other and these didn't seem to have any effect. All blood tests and cardiac tests came back clear and I stopped the medication about 4 months ago to try and let my body cope by itself whilst undergoing CBT.

Sadly as of yesterday I've taken the decision to go back on tablets and have started taking Venlafaxine so fingers crossed this will work.

The main physical symptom that affects me is a feeling like my lungs are empty or heavy and I'm going to stop breathing. I know this is a standard symptom but this happens all day long from the minute I wake up.

I'm holding down a full time job, go to the gym plus live on my own and manage to do all the normal things I should, but with this constant feeling in my chest I just can't forget about it and enjoy life. It really gets me down and naturaly makes my anxiety worse when I get wound up about it.

I think in time I will learn to live with all the other symptoms but this constant reminder is the one thing holding me back.

Has anyone else suffered from this? I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks everyone.

nomorepanic
24-11-11, 10:30
Hi Rockdj78

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pinkdove
24-11-11, 13:59
:welcome: to nmp, i hope you find your stay here positive, i'm sure you will get loads of advice from other members, sorry you have that awfull feeling, and you are doing so well to hold down a full time job, and cope the way you do, so well done, take care x

Vanilla Sky
25-11-11, 11:39
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x