PDA

View Full Version : head/neck.

zippy
24-11-11, 10:30
I am freaking out about the headache i am getting every day. My left side of my neck is sore at the base of my skull and it hurts if i move it left/right and side to side. I have a feeling of constant pressure on my left around my eye and temple and it feels like someones hit me with a hammer. I have just been shopping and i feel off balance and cant think straight. I dont want to google. I have had anxiety before and never had this. I have booked an appt at my opticians this afternoon because i know if i go to my docs he will say i am fine because i have just had all my bloods done.

baileys
24-11-11, 10:59
Ive had neck pain which causes a headache that can last about 3 weeks for 15 years. Im constantly lightheaded with it. My pain is behind my eye and the base if my scull. It hurts to touch and wakes me in the night every time i turn over.
Ive been to every ologist possible but nobody can do anything about it until i learn to relax. I think i am relaxed but because Ive always been anxious i don't really know what being relaxed really feels like.
It is now affecting my ribs and down to my pelvis where im so rigid all the time.
Yours is typical of tension, google if you want but be warned it will come up with about 100 diseases that fit your problem then you are going to have to google all day to find the one that fits you best.:lac:
If you really want to google then type in 'round earth head pain' it will give you lots of info on there about head and neck tension.

zippy
24-11-11, 11:03
Yes bailey mine hurts through the night if i turn over as well. I can put my fingers in the place where it hurts and its really sore. I know i am being irrational because i have just had all my bloods done on monday but i just feel awful and light headed constantly.
Have you found anything that helps i.e massage or accupuncture?

baileys
24-11-11, 11:15
Yes bailey mine hurts through the night if i turn over as well. I can put my fingers in the place where it hurts and its really sore. I know i am being irrational because i have just had all my bloods done on monday but i just feel awful and light headed constantly.
Have you found anything that helps i.e massage or accupuncture?
You just have to get on with it Zippy and try and relax. I think your fear is that something is seriously wrong rather than it being so painful that you cant cope.
I am thinking of trying massage because i really want to get rid of this constant lightheadedness.
The more you worry about symptoms the more symptoms it will bring on, thats what happens. I dont worry about my symptoms i just worry in general and that causes my tension.
And the only way that you can start to improve is if you understand that this is happening.

zippy
24-11-11, 13:25
Its not really the pain its the feeling of being off balance etc that i cant cope with.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Well i have been to the opticians and my eye sight is fine and he even did an extra vision blind spot test and that was fine. I just feel so ill and everything comes back normal, i just wish i felt normal :wacko: