PDA

View Full Version : what's wrong with me? :-(

spacebunnyx
24-11-11, 11:55
hi,

i'm really at the end of my tether.. i dont know what to do and really need help and advice. i've been feeling progressively more nauseous over the last 3 weeks to the point where i dont want to eat anything at all now. last fri the gp prescribed me some anti-nausea meds. they worked, but 24 hours later i had a horrible seizure from them and was rushed to a&e. i was pumped full of procyclidine and given more in tablet form. since then i've been feeling horrendous. dizzy, confused wiped out and still nauseous. i've been back to a&e twice as i keep having panic attacks at the slightest thing (PA's are a new thing for me).

i've had blood test (all fine) and neuro tests (fine). the dr's have said that these are probably side effects of the procylidine... but i've stopped taking them for 2 days now and feel even worse. i really dont know whats going on with me and i feel very scared.

i can barely stand, cant eat. i keep thinking theres something awful going on inside me. the drs in a&e prescribed me some diazapam which worked nicely last night until the early hours of the morning when i woke up in a panic.

i really need help but dont know where to go. going through the gp is so slow. i am in now way exaggerating how i feel here. i'm normally a lively and adventurous person with a huge appetite and now i feel a complete and utter wreck.

any advice would be much appreciated.

jess xxx

xJust_Sarahx
24-11-11, 12:27
Hi
I know its awful when you just dont feel right and you just feel completely ill! I am like that the majority of the time which is why i think im dying ( well i should say i have convinced myself i am) and how i feel is my definition of what i think dying would feel like.
I am always realllly tired, i dont sleep well. i have no energy or appetite. I always feel dizzy and sick and just not with it. I panic and i am scared over anything and i mean anything. Im housebound because im so scared and panic attacks are every day for me. Every day i feel like im struggling to breathe. I get breathless and stressed easily. I have trouble swallowing, and according to the docs this is just anxiety and stress.
I have had a full blood count.. they all ok. And they have listened to my chest. Thats it.

I really think apart from the side affects you experienced and that, i think your just really stressed and worked up and having to rush to a&e etc has really got to u and is playing on ur mind.. which is perfectly natural because its a horrible experience. And you say ur new to experiencing panic attacks.. well like me.. until i found a way to be able to work through them type thing i felt worse.

Im here if u ever want to talk :)

pinkdove
24-11-11, 14:02
:hugs:hi jessica just wnted to send you hugs :hugs: i hope you feel better soon x

spacebunnyx
24-11-11, 19:49
Thank you pinkdove and Sarah. Having a really bad day today. I just want to be better.

Jess xxx

crystal17
24-11-11, 21:33
Hi Jess, you may have already ruled this out but is there any way you could be pregnant?!! Sorry if its a silly question its just I had this when I was 22 and kept feeling more and more sick every day and didnt realise I was preg as I thought we had been careful.

Just thought I would put it out there. Regardless, I hope you feel better soon x