PDA

View Full Version : calmer as the day goes on?

zippy
24-11-11, 16:35
Do any of you feel calmer as the day goes on and think i might be on the way to kicking this anxieties butt and then wake up just as anxious the next morning? I feel sick as soon as i wake up and i have to go to the toilet about 2-3 times in the morning. I don't understand this at all because i can feel calm when i go to sleep but obviously my sub-conscience isn't. And also how come when i can be sitting very calm watching the tv and i get the butterfly/adrenalin feeling in my stomach for a couple of seconds?

Geoff2301
24-11-11, 16:49
I think this happens to loads of people, myself included, judging by other posts on the subject...... I'm just about feeling normal when its time to go to bed!!

chappers1980
24-11-11, 16:53
For me its like Ground Hog Day :roflmao:

Humly
24-11-11, 16:59
I'm exactly the same. Totally calm by the time bed time comes and I wonder what all the fuss is about then next morning horrible.

zippy
24-11-11, 17:13
Whats with the random butterflies/adrenalin rush all about when your not even thinking about anything? I get them randomly all day even when i am occupied.

chappers1980
24-11-11, 17:19
I think its that your subconscious is on alert after you've been anxious for so long so it keeps that background adrenaline in case you need to go off a fight a tiger :)

spacebunnyx
24-11-11, 17:21
im the other way round...i get more anxious as the day goes on. But I get the random butterflies as well.

Glad you're feeling a bit better.

Jess
xxx

zippy
24-11-11, 17:22
I listen to relaxation tapes and still get the butterflies/adrenalin while relaxing and listening. I wish there was a switch to just switch it all off.

kittikat
24-11-11, 17:34
For me its like Ground Hog Day :roflmao:

So true LMAO!! That's the best way to describe how I feel too...terribly anxious in the mornings...feel sick...frequent toilet trips etc..Sometimes better as the day goes on, sometimes not, but by bed time my confidence has returned..strange. Very 'groundhog' day :doh:

ihaveitall
24-11-11, 17:59
same for me feel awful in the morning jittery and on edge but as the day goes on feel bit calmer

bcu
24-11-11, 18:41
that's exactly how i feel most days :)

MaryMac
24-11-11, 19:32
For me, I wake up and think "Oh! I feel fine today!" then for some reason I start scanning my body and if I feel anything "off", I start to freak out. But as the day goes on and I do work and see people and get distracted, the anxiety wears off. I think once you get into the habit of doing it you have to try and break out of it. :)

haynsey
24-11-11, 23:55
I absolutely agree with everyone. By the time late evening comes i feel great i can do anything. But come the morning when i wake up i feel terrible i feel sick, tired, anxious and unmotivated.

haz
25-11-11, 00:09
I feel positively AWFUL in the mornings! But, I get up, take my meds, breakfast, shower etc. Usually, but not always, feel better as day goes on. I think it's partly psychological as well cos you've got the whole day to get through!

Just grateful when it's time to go to bed again and then I usually have trouble sleeping.

Not much fun is it?? :-(