PDA

View Full Version : Chronic fatigue as a part of recovery?

ankietyjoe
24-11-11, 17:38
I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this?

Over the last several weeks I'd really started to make some progress with the PA's and depression.

My son started nursery in September and the thought of taking him there every day and being inside a room of screaming toddlers and all the parents wanting to 'chat' was reasonably intimidating. I pushed on though, and for the most part it all went fine and I was able to take him there virtually every day. I'd also started part time work again after not being able to work (or leave home most days) for several months, and that seemed to progress well also. I do remember feeling extreme pressure during the last few weeks though, based on the little things like getting him teeth brushed and out the door on time.

I'm not quite sure when things changed, but all of a sudden I find myself completely and utterly exhausted virtually all day, every day. Dizziness is as bad as it's ever been and my sleeping habits are as bad as ever.

Curiously, I don't feel particularly anxious for the most part, and even if I do have a major trigger I'm almost able to shrug off a full blown 180bpm epic.

That leaves me with the question, why do I feel so physically bad at the moment?

I'm eating right, don't smoke or drink, never took any meds and really do try to keep a lid on the anxiety and depression with breathing and mindfulness.

I have read on a number of websites that it can be very common to physically crash when recovery starts, as your body has a lot less go juice (anxiety hormones) to feed off?

Any insight would be appreciated :)

oldtime
24-11-11, 17:55
Sure is, and not surprising. I felt like I could sleep for a week at a time when my I started to recover.

willigetwiser
24-11-11, 18:02
the idea makes sense, if you start to recover you relax. If you think of the amount of sleep and relaxation you have gone without over however long then you are likely to need to catch up on the sleep and rest you have been deprived of. If you can allow yourself that rest, without guilt, I would expect you to feel better. But you will need to be patient.

Take care

alicia10
25-11-11, 00:15
Ugh I get this a lot, and seeing as I'm feeling so much better in every other way it's ANNOYING. I did ask my psychiatrist about it and he said it's completely normal, because your body is recovering still even though you feel like you're "keeping a lid" on the anxiety. He said if you need to rest make sure you do :-). Good luck xx