PDA

View Full Version : Silly me

manmoor
31-05-06, 09:52
Had a very bad night. I am convincing myself that I might have cancer in some part of my body. The reason for this being that any ache or pain I get I put it down to my health anxiety. But what if there is something serious wrong with me and Ive blamed it on anxiety how do I know. I went to the pub last night with my friend and got absolutely pissed and I kinda hpe its just the after effects of the alcohol giving me these thoughts but as today goes on I still feel the same. If I go see the GP they just fob me off with "Its just the way you are Mandy accept it" huh what would they know I could tell them parts of the body Ive had pains in that they didnt even know existed(lol). Aw well Im going to go do the ironing talk to you all laterxx

Mandyx

jackie
31-05-06, 19:48
hey mandy, i know how you feel the fear is always there. i bet the drink didnt help your fears but good for you for keeping doing it. i have stopped drinking, another comfort ripped from me, so keep doing it if you can , accepting that the day after youll be a bit edgy but nothing else

jackie

**whenwillthisend**
31-05-06, 20:00
hi mandy do you know i too feel this way i keep wondering if i have felt so ill with this ache and that pain on most days and the doctors just telling me its anxiety then how will i distinguish when ive got something serious...at the minute im going through a terrible time with health anxiety....im sure the alcohol wont help how you feel but i havent given up i still have a glass of wine on a night..i just dont get drunk as i know i will hate how i feel then panic about the symptoms of the after effects of drinking
take care

nell1965
01-06-06, 09:17
Mandy
Like the others have said i think this is most peoples fear with health anxiety. Its almost as if we are not allowed to have any genuine health problems because we suffer from anxiety when of course we will have. When i asked my doc this question when my anxiety was at its peak, she said i will know because you will come with a set of symptoms which match one specific condition not several at the same time and when i said that some symptoms match many diseases she said yes thats right and if that happened we will work through the investigations till we get the right cause. Having spent many years working within medicine i myself have nearly always been able to tell how big a part anxiety is playing in someones symptoms,there has always been a clue there even if just a tiny one which has usually pointed the medics in the right direction so try not to worry too much about this guys,i know it sometimes seems as if the docs are not listening to what we are saying but believe me they are listening and not only to what we are saying but to what we are not saying as well and they are watching us checking out how we move and other factors which can tell them many things, they cant afford not to be.

I just want my life back
nell
x