PDA

View Full Version : Unreal feeling

fluff
24-11-11, 22:54
Hi everyone
Does any of you get that unreal feeling like everything is dreamlike.Im getting rather fed up of this feeling any idea how to stop it ?or the reason why this happens would be helpful:yesyes:

alicia10
25-11-11, 00:01
I used to get this a lot, and it was HORRIBLE. It totally freaked me out, and made me feel like I was going crazy!

I started thinking it was depersonalisation and really concentrating on it (it's impossible not to isn't it when it feels like everything is weird). It's funny, what helped me was my therapist saying "it's just a symptom of anxiety, don't think of it as leading to anything else, it's just that you're anxious a lot of the time". As time went on I began to push myself to carry on through it, and then it gradually began to go over time. My best advice is to accept that it is there, you can't change it after all, and do as much as you can to push through it. If you had it as bad as me I know that's easier said that done but at the end of the day just carrying on despite it being there is the only thing that got rid of it for me if that makes sense? xx

fluff
25-11-11, 14:26
Thanks glad someone knows what i mean well i just continue in my dream world 4 now :D