PDA

View Full Version : Scary pulse feeling...

carlm
25-11-11, 00:49
Hi there. New to this forum, but read a lot of stuff on here when I was having bad panic attacks which really helped, so thanks to everyone already :).

Basically, I started suffering from real bad panic attacks a while ago, but they seemed to have suppressed a lot. But now I am really worrying about this one thing...

When I eat, if I feel my pulse in my neck, the left hand side is a normal bom...bom...bom, but the right hand side, with the same rate as the left, I can actually feel blood rushing through. It's kind of hard to explain, best I can do is say: imagine putting a balloon on a tap, and turning the tap up high and feeling the neck of the balloon. Literally, feeling the fluid rushing through under pressure.

I'm 20, I haven't had a lot of exercise in the past few years, although I walk to work most days and am always moving about at work. I smoke and drink quite a lot, so my BP is probably a bit high. But I'm generally pretty healthy... I've been to my doctor, and he says it's totally normal. He checked with a stethoscope and all, but obviously I wasn't eating so it wasn't doing it at the time. Really scared this might be something serious. I don't suffer from headaches or anything (well, only little ones every now and again which I've always associated with my anxiety since it started).

Does anyone else get this? Strange request, but next time you're eating, after a few mouthfuls check your pulse for me! Haha. I have searched the internet high and low and can't find anything. Apart from about a bruit, turbulence in the blood flow caused by carotid artery disease...but I'm 20, surely not? Please help! Thanks,

Carl :)

j2
25-11-11, 05:48
Welcome to the board and sorry to hear about your current anxiety levels. I promise the people on this board will always listen and never judge. As to your concern, do you have any ear issues on that bad side? I know when my ears have issues I feel and hear things differently. I know this is just a guess but I am glad to hear you brought this up with your doctor and she didn't feel worried about it. Try to relax and post whenever you need to.

Cheers.
J2

carlm
25-11-11, 11:09
Hi. Thanks for the reply :-). No, no ear problems. It's not that I can hear it, I actually feel it through my fingers... Really weird.