PDA

View Full Version : Stomach acid 1 week on?

Savannah
25-11-11, 09:08
I started with trapped wind and an intercostal muscle strain a week ago. The strain is getting better in my chest but a week on I am still suffering with acid up on my left side of chest, almost under armpit and left shoulder. Sometimes I can bend forward and hiccup some wind up too.

I rarely suffer with my stomach, but I do have IBS.

I am worrying why it hasn't settled down and I am still so uncomfortable. I can't sleep on my right side as the pressure of the wind hurts.

I have seen 2 GPs and they both say it is a build up of acid and an intercostal strain.

I am just worried a week is a long time to have acid like this? I am taking ranitadine for the acid, prescribed by GP.

ANyone else had this in their shoulder and left side and lasting this long?

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

I forgot to mention its like a ball of wind in my throat, can feel the pressure of it, similar feeling in stomach and left shoulder blade:(((

hazy
25-11-11, 16:33
Sorry to hear of your worries. Firstly the symptoms you describe are typical of acid/indegestion type issues and a week isn't an unusual length of time to have it. I had acid reflux whereas it was a lump in my throat and constant sense of needing to burp, also I had a pain that went right through the centre of my chest into my back and though I had been impailed, it reached into my shoulder to. The Doctor prescribed something for this and I also took Gaviscon Advance which worked at treat after a week or so. The trick I have learnt is to avoid anything that triggers indegestion, which can be hard, for me its curry, particularly bought pre-packed curry as opposed to home made, it kills me and also I have found as soon as I have the slightest hint of heartburn etc I glug some Gavison. I know about the strain thing you have but if you have been prescribed something for that have you checked the information leaflet to see whether heartburn/acid etc is a symptom?

Good luck I am sure its nothing but give yourself a few more days and if no better then go back to your GP and if needs be see a different Doctor to the ones you have already seen. Remember Health Anxiety makes you think that relatively harmless ailments are life threatening ones.

ciccone-hassell
25-11-11, 17:27
i dont no if this will help with your acid sounds be yucky but please bear with i found my acids gone but doing this ok :)
firstly i am on losec 20mg once a day i have this tablet right before my evening meal " i been on losec years but never took it at right time of day and an old lady i spoke to in chemist few months ago and she said bout taking it before last meal i was like erm yeah i try but " OMG " she was right :) , also i eat bowl of raw oats and milk for breakfast " lines the tummy " and before my midday meal i have hand full of raw spinage , and honestly " scouts honner " its worked :) acid free :)