PDA

View Full Version : Rib, back and chest pain very worried!

AnxiousPixie
25-11-11, 12:11
Hi everyone, i'm new to this site so hope i'm posting in the right place..
Basically i have been suffering with health anxiety for about a year, although for the past couple of months everything has been looking up and i have begun feeling happier than i have in a very long time.

About a week and a half ago i started experiencing pain in between my shoulder blades. It has gradually gotten worse and spread to my ribs and chest- sometimes my ribs are very sore to touch. I am now getting sharp stabbing pains all over my back, down my left arm and in my throat. When i went to the doctor he just told me it was due to a cough i have recently had- damaged the muscles or something which i don't feel is the case as every day the pain is worse.

I dont know if it's worth mentioning that i have had bowel problems for the past couple of months (again the doctors don't want to know) and wondered if my pain is digestive as last night i became so bloated that i had difficulty breathing.

I don't believe the pain is due to anxiety because i have been feeling so much better recently, but now all the anxiety has come back and i spend all day googling my symptoms which makes things worse but the doctors wont listen to me!

If anyone has experienced this or has any answers please let me know i am driving myself mad!!!!!!

Peace&Love
xxxxxxxxxxx