PDA

View Full Version : Mouth UPDATE - For those who helped me through it!

reddevil
31-05-06, 17:22
Hi,

I have just been to see the hygiene dentist at the surgery regarding my upper plate in my mouth (for those who read my thread and helped me).

She was very good and looked at it for at least 5 minutes.

She said that is was puffy but no lumps or anything nasty are present.

BUT, when I was leaving, she said "if it still bothers you in a couple of weeks then come back and see me"

Are hygiene's just as qualified as the dentist as I'm worrying about it?

Why did she say this as it's got me worrying again?

jackie
31-05-06, 19:42
she said that because they have to and because she is so used to saying that to people who would not even give it a second thought.

when i rush to the hospital because of my self diagnosed clot i always so far have left reassured , apart from their last comment "if it gets any worse just come back". i think why! why did that have to come out of your mouth. it is something they all say

try not to worry. all is fine

jackie

nomorepanic
31-05-06, 19:47
My doctor always says that to me and like Jackie says I think they are used to saying it and just do it as a matter of course.

Don't worry about it too much - it is just a phrase they use.

Nicola

Daisybun
01-06-06, 00:41
Don't worry about it they all say that, it is just to reassure you that you are welcome to return and not being a bother - that's how I'd take it anyway.
Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

nell1965
01-06-06, 09:04
she said it so that you would go back and she could further reassure you that there was nothing seriously wrong with your mouth. A hygeinist can tell by your oral membranes if you have anything going on in your digestive tract eg crohns disease or if there is any myodisplasia (changes in the cells),she told you everything is fine,so trust her and beleive that everything is fine.

I just want my life back
nell
x

reddevil
04-06-06, 21:01
Hi,

Was having a great day until I decided to check around my mouth again with my tongue.

Apart from the thing I have been worrying about, I can feel something different on the top center of my mouth now and I'm back worrying again, it is spreading is going through my mind.

This anxiety life is getting me down!

Tony

whatisitnow
04-06-06, 22:33
You know if we feel around our bodies enough we will find all sorts of things that we think shouldnt be there! Your dentist knows exactly what they are looking for. If something was wrong they are the first to know it i bet.
You've got me feeling round my mouth with my tongue now! lol

boy
05-06-06, 01:30
If there was anything wrong, she would have pointed it out, simple as that. If you go back to her in a couple of weeks she'll probably refer you to a counsellor or I don't know, further put your mind at ease.

reddevil
05-06-06, 11:20
Are hygiene's just as qualified as the dentist as I'm worrying about it?
Tony