PDA

View Full Version : bruising and blood test

cobra427
31-05-06, 19:20
Hi

I am worried as I keep bruising easily especially on my legs. I have had a blood test and my blood coagulation is a bit out - basically my blood is taking 1 sec longer to clot than it should do. The doc isn't particularly worried and has sent me for a re test. I am on Citalopram tablets and she thinks that this may be the cause. Anyone else had a similar problem?

Michelle

nell1965
31-05-06, 21:33
yes, this can be a side effect of some anti-depressants and i suspect that your gp may be right in following this line,it does say in some of the advice leaflets to inform your doctor if unexplained bruising occurs,try not to worry many medications can interfere with clotting,hope this helps

I just want my life back
nell
x

anxious
02-06-06, 22:13
I posted about this recently, i bruise easily anyway but am on citalopram and i'm totally covered in bruises at the moment.

anx

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects

Attsila
03-06-06, 17:05
I am convinced though that anxiety plays a role in bruising. I too have also had concerns over the years about how easily I bruise and in many cases the doctors couldn't find anything wrong. I did discovered though thinking back on it that the times I was in the best health and had little or no bruising was when I was the least stressed. So I am sure that it will be ok....just do your best and try to destress which I know is much easier said then done

worrying is alot Like a Rocking Chair It is something todo but it won't get you anywhere

Southern_Belle
06-06-06, 18:03
Wow, did not know that anxiety could cause brusing. I learn something knew on this site everyday. I have to get alot of blood drawn due to thyroid issues and I look like a drug addict because the bruising is so bad, lol. The bruises on my arms lasts for weeks! Had no idea it could be due to this anxiety or the antianxiety meds I'm on. Thanks ya'll.

Bel