PDA

View Full Version : a veteran returns

skip
26-11-11, 08:17
Hi all,

I was a member here many, many years ago. I've not been on for a few years. Have had to open a new account.

I'm female, 36, married mother of 1. Ex-teacher. Now work for the NHS, well, for my local district care trust. I also do a considerable amount of work for MIND, mainly editing and proofreading. I am a Christian and love my God.

Official dx is Bipolar and BPD. I also self-harm still sadly, suffer with PTSD issues due to events in recent years.
I've had many treatments over the years, talking therapy, DBT, art therapy, NLP, but I guess the main one is my medication. I take 30 pills a day :(

Anything else, please ask. I am, and always have been an open book. :)

Skip

diane07
26-11-11, 08:18
Hi skip

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

skip
26-11-11, 08:19
Thank you Diane. x

nicola1980
26-11-11, 09:39
Hi and welcome :D im intrigued as to what 30 pills u take a day? Im so sorry you still self harm it must be awful for you :hugs: i suffer anxiety and panic attacks and currently 10 wks into taking citalopram, 80mg slow realease propananol and diazepam and zolpidem as and when needed which is most days at the min as im struggling alot x x

pinkdove
26-11-11, 10:57
Hi skip. and welcome back to nmp, i'm sorry you are still not well, and having to take such a lot of meds, you will find lots of support here, be strong, and i'm sure you will be able to help others too. take care x

skip
26-11-11, 19:52
hi nicola, it's not 30 different types. i take i think it's 13 different ones, not all psychiatric obviously. and at the moment i am having to get another 25 a day down my neck following a stay in hospital. that's only for a fortnight though thank goodness! sometimes seems that all i do is pop pills. some of the ones i take are zopiclone, diazepam, lithium, quetiapine and sertraline.

nicola1980
26-11-11, 19:56
Im surprised i don't rattle at the min the amount i take too including my vits etc!! xx

ElizabethJane
26-11-11, 20:32
:welcome:Hi Skip and welcome. I am also a long term user of lithium currently 1,000mg and 45mg mirtazapine. I also take zopiclone and valium but not on a regular basis. I have never taken an anti psychotic but I feel I know a lot about lithium. My diagnosis is severe recurrent depression and although stable I will be on these meds for life. That is fine with me as they keep me well and enable me to live a near normal life without the threat of hospital admissions. Feel free to PM me. EJ.

skip
27-11-11, 07:14
horrible isn't it nicola :( really gets me down at times.

EJ, Lithium is a big commitment isn't it. World seems to revolve around levels and LFTs.
As for anti-psychotics i wouldn't give them to my worst enemy.