PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive images

JM9258
26-11-11, 17:14
Does anyone else have distressing/disgusting images that keep popping into your head, I just want to know how I can get rid of them though I do keep supressing them as they are unwanted and annoying, also like random words keep popping into my head telling me that I am things which I'm not and that I hate and despise, It's like they're just random voices but I know they're just thoughts which are intrusive and annoying which I ignore sometimes but they keep recurring and I hate it,

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

I'm currently taking fluoxetine, does anyone else get this and if anybody has any advice or can help me out I would be very grateful and it be much appreciated, Thanks

chappers1980
26-11-11, 17:27
I do keep having nightmares, they are not really disgusting, just really frightening. I keep lashing out in my sleep as they are so real and vivid. I would say its just the medication you are on settling down. I'm on Citalopram. They are just thoughts though, they can't hurt you so don't focus on them as you will feed it. Just think to yourself, there it goes again, accept it, move on. The more you think about, or try not to think about, you will just remember.

They will go with time I'm sure.

I dreamt the other night I was married to Gazza, you can't get anything more distressing than that for me!!! :hugs:

theharvestmouse
26-11-11, 20:20
I've had the thoughts and the images, like I'll be with someone and then I have a horrible video image of doing something and I hate it. It's like something from a film or something, this does not happen all the time but if it happens once in a day its too much!!!!!