PDA

View Full Version : so low

Anne R1
31-05-06, 22:55
Hi I am a 44 year old women. I have a good job two lovely children and a lovely husband. my life is ruined because I continually worry about everything. My biggest fear is losing my parents. From a really early age I had my dad dead if he was 10 minutes late from work. He is a heavy drinker and my mum alays told me it would kill him which is where my fears probably stemmed from. I cry continually I have behaviour lke phoning them and putting the phone down just to hear how they sound. They are both elderly and I picture them in their coffin I just wish I was dead as its ruining my life. I have tried counselling, going to church and have now been put on prozak. I just want to be normal and not continually live in fear. Everyone thinks I am the life and soul of the party but I am so low and sick of living like this. If I hear an ambulance I think its related to my family, I am so overprotective of my children its awful but I can't help myself.

anne

Daisybun
31-05-06, 23:59
Hi Anne
I can relate to constant worry. i worried about all sorts of stuff, I worried when i was OK as there was nothing to worry about, that led to my full blown anxiety now. Please read through the info on this site and take the advice and help that is here. Don't let this spoil your life, I know it is hard to do, I feel it myself a lot of the time, but fear is crippling, i know I'm trying to overcome it myself - I go to church and have found it very useful - there is one verse from Bible that I keep saying to myself - God did not give me a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind - it has helped me tremendously.
Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Southern_Belle
03-06-06, 18:06
Hi Anne,

I too am a worry wort. I have elderly parents but I don't dwell on their deaths. I think each us of with anxiety all have our own issues that we focus on and that is yours. I think the prozac will help and while on it maybe you could get some counseling to help cope. You will get loads of help on this forum. I agree with you that your mom saying that to you at an early age probably started this or at least didn't help much. Welcome to the forum.

Bel

dawnym
04-06-06, 22:02
Welcome to the forum first of all.
You will find that there is so many who will relate to your fears and worries here.
I too worry about everything and just let things get on top of me.
I would love to look at what I do have and that be enough to make me smile.

Dawn

Coyote
06-06-06, 15:44
Anxiety/worry is often a reaction to 'not knowing' and death is the great equaliser. It is said true peace of mind is in releasing the need to control. The amount of comfort that can be attained from the big D question is relative to your particular faith. I am not a religious man, but I am deeply spiritual, and believe different religions are just different paths up the same spiritual mountain. I truly feel sorry for people who are genuinely athiest (although thats their right of course), because they don't know the very real power, comfort and sensation of faith.

"It is better to die believe in something, than to live believing in nothing"

Anyway, time for cheery talk...

Whatever your faith Anne, take comfort. There is nothing wrong with worrying about someone and I don't think its possible to 'care too much' about loved ones. I had a really overprotective mother, and the only problem that caused was I got homesick when I was young. But I soon got over that. Otherwise, no, in a world where not enough parents seem to look out for their kids, well done you, big softie, the best kind of Mums their are!

The problem is when your brain questions but 'doesn't know' and thus triggers the anxiety, it replaces this 'blank spot' with conjurations from your fears - because those are the worst case scenarios. And because you have those thoughts, it feeds your anxiety and whoosh, we have another bad little vicious circle.

Most people fear death (or the loss thereof), but I fear life. We are not our bodies, I wish so much I could show you some of the things I've witnessed and experienced, they could bring you so much comfort.

There is an Angel at your shoulder, as you are the protector of your children. Trust in fate, and know that whatever happens, you can deal with it. Trust in your faith, whatever that is, for faith IS trust. Trust that everything will be OK, for you never walk alone. People care.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Compassion is never a crime. It is better to care than not to care. It is better to feel, than feel nothing at all.

"Where is the honour, the courage and will? The ability to smile - confined to a pill"