PDA

View Full Version : Back to Work Tomorrow - Phased return

kirgray
27-11-11, 17:00
Hi All,

Well I am back in work tomorrow 1st day after 4 weeks off! to say im sh**ting it is an understatement lol! Im starting off on only 2 half days a week and then building it up slowly, so tomorrow planning on working 8 - 12 i will have to be so positive which is hard with the anxiety but i will try to keep pushing those negative thoughts back and take regular breaks in the morning,

Any tips or good lucks will be greatly received lol

Thanks for listening u lovley lot :-) XXX

chappers1980
27-11-11, 17:08
Good luck. I'm sure it won't be as bad as my experience was. My only tip is go at your own pace, don't let them push you quicker than you want to go xxx

JOHN55
27-11-11, 17:08
You will be fine try not to keep looking at the clock saying to yourself three hours left etc .... or it will seem the clock has stopped !!
If you feel panicky stick it out you will win ... take your time and at the end of the day say that was easy bring on tomorrow.
Been there after being off work for months dont worry and certainly dont try and guess what others are thinking.

lizzie29
27-11-11, 17:34
Good luck! You're bound to be nervous, but once you get there I'm sure you'll feel a lot better. Just think, if you need to get some air you can nip to the loo, or if you feel worried try having a sip of water.
I also try to break the time up (although I agree with John about not clock watching!). You're working four hours - so, think of it as two hours, cos once you've done that, you're over halfway, and if you've done the first two hours there's no reason why you can't do the next two.

Good luck! x

Humly
27-11-11, 17:45
Hi. I am back to work tomorrow as well after being off 2 and a half weeks. I'm doing 4 hours for 3 days. Good luck. Hope everything is fine.

snowgoose
27-11-11, 20:52
hi Kirgray and Humly:)
Replying to you both on this thread as both of you are back to work this week .
I know how scared you are ........and negative thoughts can be so draining .
by this time tomorrow you will have achieved so much .so remember that time does indeed help .

In the morning make sure you eat even just a yoghurt or a banana . If tummy churning boiled water is helpful with squeeze of lemon [i never had lemon in house though !]
Do your breathing exercises
stand outside and get that hit of cold air
put radio on as soon as you are up

Remember you are still recovering and your colleagues will help you
Most people despite the news are kind and care about you
If it is too much then dont beat yourself up ok?
Juts more time needed that is all ............be gentle with yourself .
No one is going to send you to jail for having tried ......you are showing courage .

I think you will surprise yourselves you know :hugs:
Just first thing in morning when at your most vulnerable ...surf those feelings
.........keep busy and go with the flow .

Am with you both on your shoulders [big lass but you got the strength :blush:]

let us know how it goes snow xxx

nicola1980
27-11-11, 20:55
Good luck to both of you :bighug1: xx

kirgray
28-11-11, 15:14
WOW!!!! guys you are all so great :D :ohmy: your words mean so much to me thank u xxxx

I did it, it was so hard this morning fighting with negative thoughts, the what ifs etc, i pushed myself there and the cleaner waved me over 'are you ok' she said well that was it the tears fell, then someone else asked me, again the tears came, and someone else, i got hugs and people said they had missed me and were glad i was back, i felt sick didnt eat anything after my dry toast this morning lol i relaxed more and more the longer i was there, i am taking small steps still and just taking my time, i am doing another 2 mornings this week, i can honestly say im glad i went back!!

Thanks guys & Humly i hope your 4 hours went ok too please PM me or let me know how it went, snowgoose you are fab!!! xxxxxx

Humly
28-11-11, 15:46
Hi Kingray. I was just the same. My boss gave me a hug and I had a few tears and nearly went back out the door and home but then just went to my desk and got on with it. Had a few tears on the way home but glad I went. I am nowhere near back to normal but its a step in the right direction. x

chappers1980
28-11-11, 16:02
So glad and proud for you both that your experience was great, I can have some faith then that not all employers are like mine.

Go and treat yourselves now, you've earnt it

Big hugs xxx

kirgray
28-11-11, 17:35
i know same here Humly small baby steps and just do what u can do well done :-) x

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

so sorry to hear that chappers take ur time and dont let them push u at all do it in ur own time! xx

snowgoose
28-11-11, 18:33
been thinking of you both today a lot :hugs:

delighted and so proud of you ....it is hard to get through the feelings of despair

you are winning .
snow xx

ps Chappers ............dont fret honestly ..........it takes time ..... patience and sorry your management are not aware of your mental health issues.

Have you a union ?

xxx

Corona89
28-11-11, 18:42
Good luck going back. My Doc suggested i think about going back (been off about 7 weeks) but i don't feel any different from when i was first off. I also think my work has played a big part in my depression and really considering quitting for the benefit of my health. I'm just hoping my doc doesn't try to force me back as sometimes i get the impression he thinks im lying about how i feel.

kirgray
29-11-11, 07:47
awww thank u snow :D it was so feckin hard in the morning to get into that office and sit down at my desk i hid in the canteen for a bit lol, and when i was eventually in there i made a joke as im in a large portacabin at the moment due to refurb in main building and everyone kept shutting the door i said leave that door open in case i need a sharp exit haha im off today and back for 2 more mornings this week im going to do a mon, wed and fri i think break the week up nicely hope ur ok xx

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

Hi Corona i totally understand i am coping ok ish at the moment as i know it is only a few hours a week and i have days off in between to rest, god help as and when it goes full time, in the long run i may need a part time job instead. Do it at your own pace know one else look after number 1 good luck xx

Corona89
29-11-11, 16:57
awww thank u snow :D it was so feckin hard in the morning to get into that office and sit down at my desk i hid in the canteen for a bit lol, and when i was eventually in there i made a joke as im in a large portacabin at the moment due to refurb in main building and everyone kept shutting the door i said leave that door open in case i need a sharp exit haha im off today and back for 2 more mornings this week im going to do a mon, wed and fri i think break the week up nicely hope ur ok xx

---------- Post added at 07:47 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------

Hi Corona i totally understand i am coping ok ish at the moment as i know it is only a few hours a week and i have days off in between to rest, god help as and when it goes full time, in the long run i may need a part time job instead. Do it at your own pace know one else look after number 1 good luck xx

Thank you.