PDA

View Full Version : missed tablets

alwaysanxious
27-11-11, 20:34
hi its been a while scince ive been here, just wondering if it will be ok to take my tablets again after 5 days off them. ive got terrible electric shocks in my head and ears feel extreamly irRITABLE AND HAVE PMT 50 TIMES WORSE THAN EVER FEEL VERY VERY ANGRY LIKE I WANT TO HURT SOME 1,,, although i wont by the way. is this normal?????????????

lisa.

crystal17
01-12-11, 23:23
Hi Lisa what tablets are you on?

I'm on citalopram and get electric shocks in my head too, i've been on forums and its known as 'electric head' and very common with certain types of antidepressants.
I once went 4 days without mine and felt like I was going crazy and could hardly walk.
Just start taking them again, but if you have a high dose maybe take a lower dose for the first day and gradually build up again.

Ring your GP if you're unsure though.

Take care x

Sgeethi012
02-12-11, 11:38
No it's not normal.You better take some advise from your doctor.

missy_c
02-12-11, 22:27
What medication are you on, and have you stopped it suddenly, or with doctor's advice? I was on effexor, which when stopped gave similar effects, but that was when I forgot to take them or ran out, and you really need to come off any medication with doctor's advice. Just know if you have stopped taking something suddenly that this is quite normal...BUT get back in touch with your doc to come off meds properly...or it may be the case that you just aren't quite ready to come off xxx