PDA

View Full Version : Believing in yourself

sadie
22-04-04, 17:54
Hi all,

I just wanted to share something with you which I have found seems to help me when I feel anxious etc..

Today I felt particulary anxious at work for some reason as I felt jumpy and I felt my heart was shaking and I had those horrible 'missed beat' feelings again in my throat. I felt myself panicking a bit but I was trying hard not to let anyone know. I felt myself continually checking my pulse ( you know the things us anxiety sufferers do!!).[:0]

Anyway, I suddenly thought to myself 'What am I doing?' I have felt like this so many times over the last few years and Im still here, so whats different this time.....the answer was NOTHING!!!!

I have also posted over the last few weeks about some therapy that I am receiving called Kinnesiology. Anyway, last week my therapist highlighted to me how I a rely on others for reaasurance all the time to tell me I will be ok etc and how I dont have a belief that no matter what happens, I will always be here for myself!!!She believes I need to believe this statement to help me become more positive.

So, over the last week and particularly today I said to myself over and over again.... 'I believe no matter what I will always be here for MYSELF'. Suddenly today I didnt feel so scared of 'what if' this happens etc etc..Just feeling reassured within myslef that I will be ok despite whatever happens helped me stay calm.:)

I just thought that some of you out there may benefit too from feeling like this just through saying this statement to yourself in the midst of panic/anxiety. I may not benefit everyone but its worth a go!!

P.S. - I also remembered what Meg had said before about .missed heartbeats' etc....I drunk some fizzy juice..had a burp and the symtpoms disaapeared!!!:D:D

Hope you are all well.

sadie

sarah
22-04-04, 18:08
Hiya Sadie

Its great that you were able to talk yourself out of the bad feelings. Im a firm believer in 'talking' to myself too. Im always going through stuff in my mind how Ive survived it before and its no different this time. Telling myself that there was a point where I never left the house I was so bad that a little missed beats an jumpy feeling while out is nothing compared to how I was!

Its great that you have found something that works for you...a great positive post..thankyou :)

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
23-04-04, 10:57
Thats great Sadie...Fab news !

Another positive affirmation is 'Wherever I may travel, I am safe within myself'

stimpy
24-04-04, 23:34
Well done Sadie !

That is brilliant.
hang on to that feeling of satisfation and those coping skills just incase you need them again.
Good on you for being so positive!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

nomorepanic
25-04-04, 19:40
Nice one Sadie

See it works!! You are proof of it. I must remember to keep saying stuff to myself. I used to say "Nicola, you are fine and nothing will happen" and it never did!

Well done you and thanks for the tip.

Nicola

Jules31
26-04-04, 16:02
yep Sadie good for you. I have to keep practising too.

Jules