PDA

View Full Version : pannick attacks in the morning

anastacia-72
28-11-11, 09:03
Hi,

Sometimes i suffer from panick attacks in the morning. It is so dissapointing for me because it seems that everything is allright and i do not expecting is, i slept well and when i get out of bed nothing is wrong. But this morning i was just busy with brushing my teeth en suddenly i felt a kind of pressure in my head and i started to get dizzy and felt not stable. I also started to shake and i felt like i was going crazy. I had to go to work but i called a cab a as i did not dare to go with the metro. When i was in the cab still i got the feeling going crazy, getting totally in panick. This is not the first time that when i get out of bed something like this happends. I am so disspointed than because i am not expecting it. is somebody familiair with this? How can i handle this or more over how can i prevent this?:doh:

xxxx

Anastacia

Rod
28-11-11, 10:05
This can happen alot and seemingly come from no where. The thing is and this is hard to do is not let it get to you. You should expect it knowing that you will be able to handle it.

By doing what you are doing you are handling it. Just move with it and dont run away from it.

pinkdove
28-11-11, 10:11
maybe bacause you have had this a few times, you are in fact expecting it, however morning anxiety, is very common, and yes it is dissapointing for you, i agree that you should try to go with it, but that is not easy, at the same time you should recognise that something is not right, and you may need help, talk to your family or friends, and if this persists, talk to your gp, good luck x

thepanicman
28-11-11, 11:07
Hi,

Sometimes i suffer from panick attacks in the morning. It is so dissapointing for me because it seems that everything is allright and i do not expecting is, i slept well and when i get out of bed nothing is wrong. But this morning i was just busy with brushing my teeth en suddenly i felt a kind of pressure in my head and i started to get dizzy and felt not stable. I also started to shake and i felt like i was going crazy. I had to go to work but i called a cab a as i did not dare to go with the metro. When i was in the cab still i got the feeling going crazy, getting totally in panick. This is not the first time that when i get out of bed something like this happends. I am so disspointed than because i am not expecting it. is somebody familiair with this? How can i handle this or more over how can i prevent this?:doh:

xxxx

Anastacia

I had this for several months about 3 years ago. By the time I got to work I was nearly passing out through dizziness and hyperventilating.

It sounds more like stress is bringing this on; do you have a very stressful job? I changed jobs and my major symptoms went away very quickly. I'm no medical professional, but what you are experiencing sounds exactly like I had and I can safely say the trigger was my job. I had to go home a couple of times and soon started feeling better.

anastacia-72
28-11-11, 12:16
Thank you for your replies. I suffer already for 20 years from panick attacks but i have my ups and downs. But especially in the morning they are bothering me because i have to get at work on time and cannot take is easy and wait for one hour or so to see if i get better. It is true i have to go through an attack and afterwards i think often: you see, nothing happened you just have to go on. But at the very moment it is not that simple; Anyway this morning i was really suprised that i got one. I have some stressfull things in my life right now, i am aware of it but was thinking that i was dealing quite allright with them but obviously i am hyper sensitive. i noticed that before some time, that i was thinking i was dealing quite nice with some stressfull things but afterwards got an attack. Anyway, thanks for your advice, is it nice to know this forum.

XX