View Full Version : N00b

suzybelle
28-11-11, 22:21
Hi All

I'm your latest noob.

Let's see, in a nutshell, reasons for my anxiety/depression etc:

Post-natal depression in 2 pregnancies.
Marriage broke down after 10 years.
Father had life-threatening brain haemorrhage in 2008 but pulled through - I witnessed the full trauma of it, particularly the A&E bit and the post-op bit.
Had a miscarriage early 2009.
Separated from husband late 2009, which meant moving house as well.
Guilt at having failed in marriage and being a good mother.
Met someone else (a plus point in all this! :))
Changed job 2010 - very stressful, possibly bit off more than I can chew (choke on it daily!).
Father had another life-threatening illness late 2010 - multiple pulmonary embolism. Again, very traumatic for all of us as we thought he wouldn't make it. He pulled through, though is not the same - a lot more frail.

Moved house again this summer just gone.

One counsellor once joked with me, saying I had so many life experiences under my belt I should probably train to counsel people myself! I have yet to find myself in a position where I would do that. Maybe it would help me deal with my current woes.

Have also developed fibromyalgia as a result of anxiety.

Waiting for CBT for past 6 months. Been on Lofepramine for just over 2 months. Tried fluoxetine and citalopram but both made me vomit violently, so no SSRIs for me.

Have had some positive results with EFT, but difficult to do one your own from a book.

Worst thing about depression and anxiety?
It is invisible, unlike a fractured limb which is obvious.

Found this site while looking for info on Lofepramine. Dr has just upped dose to 140mg. Just wondering what I can look forward to... :wacko:

nomorepanic
28-11-11, 22:23
Hi suzybelle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
29-11-11, 12:42
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x

Veronica H
30-11-11, 14:10
:welcome:to NMP Suzy. You will find comfort and support here.

Vx

fi83
05-12-11, 22:31
Found this site while looking for info on Lofepramine. Dr has just upped dose to 140mg. Just wondering what I can look forward to... :wacko:

Hi Suzy,

I take Lofepramine for anxiety and panic. I started at 210mg and found it to be a helpful medication, and it gave me far less annoying side effects than the SSRIs. I know tricyclics usually have a worse side effect profile than SSRIs but personally I found it to be a very easy drug to take. Some blurred vision and sedation at first but they went away (I take it AM because it messes with my sleep otherwise).

Recently went up to 280mg because I'm tapering off Xanax and that's been no fun at all. But 140mg is the usual starting dose. I'd give it a couple of weeks at least, and probably a month, to see whether it helps. I'd say it gave me about 75% relief, so but then again I'm withdrawing from a benzo so my nervous system probably isn't a good benchmark :unsure: