PDA

View Full Version : Whistling Speech

tal
29-11-11, 00:50
Let me start with a little background.
I have been dealing with globus hystericus for about 6 months now. My doctor says that it's caused by "anxiety issues".
I am currently taking Celexa, which keeps the nervous and anxious feelings under control, but it doesn't stop the globus hystericus.
I was taking Klonopin, which helped with the globus hystericus, but I don't care for the side effects, so I am trying to stay away from them.
I took Celexa for a year and a half, about four years ago, for the same problems I am dealing with now. They eventually went away, but now they're back.

There's something that I have been experiencing on and off for the last six months that really troubles me. I've noticed this even more so the past couple of weeks.
Sometime when I speak, I hear whistling in my speech. Especially words which contain c, s, x & z (mostly s).
I'm certain that it's just the way I am perceiving my speech, but it is still disconcerting.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I would appreciate any advise or suggestions you may have.

Thank you,
Tim
================================================== ==============
The more I talk, the less I notice it. The less I talk, the more I notice it.

I can't be certain if it's been there all along and I just started noticing it or not. I can't say for sure.
I say that because now I notice the same sound in others, that I never noticed before. I'd say about 10% of the people I speak with.

My fear, that I'll end up sounding like the old man on Family Guy, or the Gopher on Winnie the Pooh.

I would appreciate any advise or suggestions you my have.

Thank you,
Tim

tal
06-12-11, 23:26
I've recently discussed this with my doctor.
We both agree that what I am hearing is just my perception, not an actual change in my speech.
I have restarted the Klonopin for awhile longer, at least into the new year.

With no replies, I feel like I'm talking to myself here.