PDA

View Full Version : Got the job could'nt take it !!

pinkdove
29-11-11, 11:54
hi guys, as some of you will know i got the offer of a part time job last week, and was so excited, however when i spoke to them about my hours, which was 2 days a week, they wanted me tuesday saturday, and sunday. and then nothing till the following friday, it would not have helped me financially, as we get help with our rent etc, but i wanted to work for my mental wellbeing, but i would be out to work when hubby is at home, and still sitting at home in the week, so that would not benefit me much either, i enjoy my weekends with my hubby, and family, i rang this morning to tell them, and now i feel i have failed, and let everyone down, but it just was'nt for me, just need some words of encouragement really and advice thanks x also i wonder if it just a bit too soon, and i need some more time before working, as it did make me stressed.

nicola1980
29-11-11, 12:52
Hi hun, you haven't failed at all it just wasnt meant to be thats all :hugs: if u had failed then they would never have offered u the job ib the first place so u did fantastic getting through the interview and then them offering it to u :D if the hours aren't right for u then thats not ur fault, if i went for a job i would have trouble finding the hours i need due to school runs and hubby working split shifts etc and if it was starting to stress u out then maybe nows not the right time, give yourself a bit more time to recover properly :hugs: xx

nomorepanic
29-11-11, 12:53
I have ended up having to work Saturday's for 2 hours which I hate as I want to spend time with my partner at the weekends and not go to work. It is at 3pm so ruins the whole day really.

Did you ask them if you could do other days and not weekends?

I am sure there are other jobs out there for you as well.

mallan82450
29-11-11, 12:55
You seem to have answered your own question by saying, 'it wasn't for me' . . . Don't feel guilty about it, enjoy the time with your family you love and move on. How can you possibly feel like a failure if your doing something for yourself and your loved ones?

pinkdove
29-11-11, 12:58
No nicola, it is a new shop, with quite a lot of staff, so i did'nt want them to think i needed special treatment, and the hours would have meant 5.30 finish on saturday, and 4pm on sunday, i must say io feel better now i have rung them, less stressed

nomorepanic
29-11-11, 13:30
Well I wouldn't want to work weekends either so I can fully understand.

I am sure something else will come along soon

macc noodle
29-11-11, 13:40
Pink Dove - welldone for getting the job - a big achievement in this current economic climate :D

And also, huge congrats for having the courage of your convictions to turn the job down because it was not right for you - that is even bigger than getting the job in my opinion.

There will be other jobs that suit you more in terms of hours etc.

You have not failed at all :D

Macc noodle
xxxx

pinkdove
29-11-11, 22:20
thanks guys, i really needed to hear all that, i am beginning to settle down now, and believe i have made the right decision for me x

Humly
30-11-11, 09:14
Hi. I agree with the others. Well done to you for standing up for yourself and saying it wasnt right for you. There will be other jobs out there that will be better for you, just take your time and see what happens. x