PDA

View Full Version : What I think heart symptoms are

W.I.F.T.S.
01-06-06, 11:13
I get twinges and palpatations like everyone else and think that I'm dying.

Rationally though, I think they are caused by a few things:

blood pressure. Our blood pressure increases when we are stressed.

Adrenaline. Our heart starts beating faster to prepare ourselves to run or fight. Our breathing also becomes shallower, which could cause us to push the panic button!

Muscles contracting. When we are preparing to put the 'fight or flight' response into action, we draw all the blood in towards our vital organs and physically brace ourselves.

And, psychology. i think a lot of it is in the head. Eg scaffolders may walk up and down high beams all day (and even sleep on them), with no safety equipment and they won't fall because they don't even think about it. But, when we become conscious of danger and we tense up, then things become a lot more fraught and difficult.

i know it's easy to try and rationalise it, and much harder to do. But atleast, if you have some common sense statements that you can say to yourself it can help to calm ane reassure you.

Ships in harbour are safe..but that's not what ships were built for.

jill
01-06-06, 13:12
Hi :D

When I was acute it was soooo hard to put positive's in about any symptoms, BUT what I found helped was reading threads like this when the symptom was not there. Re-progaming my mind. Go over in my head all the time that the symptom WILL not harm me, as we all know, this can be dame hard, BUT the more you push the more you will win in the end.

Thank you soooo much for sharing your thoughts.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL

When you fear somthing
learn as much about it as you can
Knowledge conquers fear.