PDA

View Full Version : Do you over analyze relationships?

Confused-and-sadx
29-11-11, 22:03
Just over 2 months ago i met a lovely man. I am 20 and he's 26. We met at a mutual friends party and after everyone telling me what a lovely guy he was i agreed to go out with him. We went on a date and he was a real gentleman.
Anyway the first few weeks i could take it or leave it, i was very casual and he kept asking to see me alot. He has text me every single day since we met.

Anyway fast forward to now and in the last 2 months, i have met all of his friends, his family, including going for a meal with his parents, he has brought me a ticket to go on holiday with him and another couple in february. He has taken me away for a couple of weekends, i've stayed over his apartment alot and he has brought me 15 driving lessons for christmas.
Everyone we meet up with knows about me and my name etc so he must have mentioned me to people.
Now he's very busy at work he doesn't get as much time to text so calls me when he is driving instead for an hour or so in the day time.

Well the issue is ( in my head ) :weep:
First of all he keeps saying he wants to take things slow. I must admit i keep trying to find out weather we are official or not and he always tells me this story of his last gf breaking his heart ( over a year ago now ) and that is gets scared when he makes the official commitment it's all going to go wrong. He said he likes me alot but just does not want to rush. I know he isn't seeing anybody else and trust him alot, but i worry if he is ever going to want me as an official gf.

Also like this week for example i saw him on sunday and probably wont see him again till friday cause he is busy. I have been seeing and staying with him quite a bit during the week lately so when something like this happens it makes me anxious. :doh: He is also moving house which i don't like because it brings uncertainty, how selfish is that.

I start thinking maybe he doesn't want to see me that much, or maybe this is the start of things to come and it's all going to fizzle out. The trouble is he works ALOT and my work has just died down, which means many many hours of over anaylzing and being bored at home.
I get so insecure i just can't believe something so good will last. I thrive on routine and when i can't see him like i have been, i panic.

I have a habit of doing this in the past but i thought i would have outgrown it by now.
So does anyone else sit and re think their OHs moves and motives. It makes me feel like i am going crazy! :shrug:

Corona89
30-11-11, 00:20
This guy seems a real gentleman from what you've said. You may be thinking too much on the matter.

KK77
30-11-11, 00:30
I think he is very serious. Remember we all have our insecurities and we express them in different ways, but the key is communication. If you have concerns, it wouldn't hurt for you to mention them, especially since you suffer with anxiety and don't want this to eat away at you.

So many relationships fail due to lack of communication - and I think you have a great future together from what you have said - so don't let the chattering monkey in your head ruin things.