PDA

View Full Version : starting dose

cathycrumble
30-11-11, 00:21
Has anyone strated on 25mg of Amitriptyline as I am starting it tonight. Not sure what to expect. I took it at 10pm tonight. :ohmy:

Cathy xx

Humly
30-11-11, 10:10
Hi. Hope you got on ok with the amitriptyline. I have taken it in the past and was fine with it. No side effects to mention. x

pinkdove
30-11-11, 11:40
cathy, i have taken it in the past, and find it makes you quite tired the next day till your body adjusts, but 25mg is quite a low dose so i would'nt expect much problems. hope it goes well x

cathycrumble
30-11-11, 12:28
Thanks I know it is a low dose but I am terrible for taking AD I did take citalopram and they worked fine for the 6 months I was on them and I stubidly stopped them and crashed so I started them again for 3 months but they just didnt help and the side effects where a nightmare.

I have woken with really dry synusus and feel bunged up so have been drinking water and coke to help. What would you say the best dose would be to help with anxiety and depression. and when would I be better to up the dose to have an affect.

Cathy xx

pinkdove
30-11-11, 12:57
cathy, i think the theraputic dose is 50mg, having said that i would speak to your gp, i took 50mg, but it had a really bad effect on me, so had to just stop cold turkey, however i am taking citalopram for the second time, and i have to say it took longer to work than the first time, and i needed a higher dose, but it did work, it takes time, you may be fine on amitrytiline, it is an older ad, given mostly for sleep now, but it does work for many people. my advice is to talk to your gp, they will be best to advise you on the dose and when to make an increase. hope you do well x

cathycrumble
01-12-11, 00:14
Hi pink dove can you tell me what affect did it have on you ?

Cathy xx

pinkdove
01-12-11, 19:43
cathy, at 50mg they made my heart race, and i was taken off them, but i believe this is a rare side effect, was given an ecg and all was fine, so i started on citalopram when they were out of my system, but as i say, this is not the case with everyone, i wish you good luck.

cathycrumble
02-12-11, 01:12
I am starting on 50mg tonight so wish me luck. I need somthing I am so depressed and anxious and it is affecting my family my 3 grown up children they are so up set about the way i am they have lost me I am not my happy go lucky self anymor well for the last 14 months i have been like this.

Cathy xx:ohmy:

pinkdove
02-12-11, 12:16
Cathy good luck, i really hope they work for you, you will get better, and hopefully this is the first step to your recovery, sending you hugs a s well :hugs:

cathycrumble
02-12-11, 12:23
Thanks pinkdove.

Cathy xx

nicola1980
02-12-11, 12:25
Good luck xx

cathycrumble
02-12-11, 17:19
Thanks Nicola

Have you ever taken this ad? It is making me very dry and sleepy hopefully this will wear off. feel very bunged up. How are you doing? Isn't it strange how we suffer with anxiety? I just wish it would go away. :ohmy:

Cathy xx :)

nicola1980
02-12-11, 17:34
Yes i tried it but unfortunatly it gave me awful palpatations and my mouth was so dry i was literally panting 4 water and that was on a low dose of 20mg i think, its supposed to be sedating but had opposite effect on me but that was prob cause of the palps, hopefully its your 'magic' pill :D x x

cathycrumble
02-12-11, 17:44
What are you taking now? And is it working for you?

Cathy xx

nicola1980
02-12-11, 18:50
Im on 30mg of cit, its been a rollercoaster but am getting there slowly x x

cathycrumble
02-12-11, 18:51
Yes it is on cit.

Cathy xx