PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a forum.

Possibly Insane
30-11-11, 07:22
Hello, everyone.

I've felt like a crazy person for the longest time, with all of my pains and aches and overanalyzation and hypochondria. I'm glad there's a group with similar problems.

Ok. I'm a college student in New York City. The City is a big change from where I'm from. I'm studying film and writing, two things in which I doubt will be lucrative, although I try to be optimistic!

I'm 21, and I was convinced for a month I was having heart failure. Then I thought I had a deadly tooth abscess. Now it's appendicitis. At least it keeps things interesting. I'm fortunate to have insurance, at least till the end of the year, otherwise I'd be buried in medical bills from ER visits. :P

I have a family history of depression, anxiety, and panic attacks on both sides. I have won the genetic lottery in that regard.

I look forward to e-meeting you all, and hope to help you! Already, just browsing this site has been helpful.

Sincerely,
-Adam

diane07
30-11-11, 07:23
Hi Possibly Insane

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Possibly Insane
30-11-11, 07:32
Thanks very much!

pinkdove
30-11-11, 11:01
:welcome: to nmp, as you have already said this is a great site, and i'm sure you will find and give loads of advice. hope you enjoy your stay here, x

kittikat
30-11-11, 11:23
Hey Adam, welcome :)
Glad you foung this site and yes, it is brilliant and helpful...comforting to know that you are not alone in your anxieties eh? You sound like you are battling through as best you can.....like we all do :doh: Have you been on any meds to help you?
By the way, you are not a hypochondriac...it's called 'health anxiety' and kind of goes hand in hand with other anxieties, mine manifests it's ugly head as agoraphobia. There is no shame here, we are all looking for answers. I hope you make a recovery in the best way for you. Good luck x

Humly
30-11-11, 11:25
Welcome. Yes its a fantastic forum and the people on here are just lovely. You will get loads of support and help. Take care x

Veronica H
30-11-11, 14:06
:welcome:to NMP Adam. Glad that you have found us.

Vx

Vanilla Sky
30-11-11, 15:36
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Paige x