PDA

View Full Version : I miss the old me.

stay_gold
30-11-11, 11:54
I've been battling anxiety for a year now and went through all the horrible ms scares and many others. Since this my life has gone crazy. I started drinking a lot cos it help me forget a little but felt much worse the next day. I was on ADs but stopped because i didnt want to get addicted.
Now I drink a lot less than I did b4 but things have gotten bad again and I think I may start again.

diane07
30-11-11, 11:58
Hi stay_gold

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
30-11-11, 12:01
:welcome: to nmp, sorry to hear you are feeling bad again, you will find a lot of help and support here, maybe you should ask for help if you are really bad, it is no shame to speak to your gp, and maybe medication in the short term may help you to cope better, i have had anxiety for nearly 18months now but with the help of meds and councilling, i am nearly back to my old self, but it does take time. x

stay_gold
30-11-11, 12:29
I got an appointment next Friday with the gp to seek councilling, but I know I'm gonna have to wait ages b4 it starts.

pinkdove
30-11-11, 13:36
that's not always the case, you could be lucky and get your first appointment quickly, i hope so x