PDA

View Full Version : Reassurance Anyone

markm
01-06-06, 14:13
Hi Everyone,Im new to here and I have just been reading through a lot of the topics and I can see that im not alone but I need a bit of reassurance from the members ,if anyone can help..It all started with me with a pain in my shoulder blade about six weeks ago which after being stupid and after googling manifested itself into lung cancer.I have been to the doctors off and over the last few weeks and had all my bloodwork done(all clear and in some cases better than normal) also a chest x-ray which has come back fine.But over the last couple of weeks it has transgressed into various illnesess,because I cant seem to take on board what the doc's telling me.My symptoms well where do I start,pins & needles,constantly tired and lathargic,no appetite most of the time,panic attacks,apprehensive at going anywhere,sore muscles-legs and arms especially in morning,sore throat,muscle spams,distorted vision (like its not me looking at things),the list goes on and on.Doc prescribed Citalopram,but didnt agree with me.So after going to see another doc he has proscribed Half Inderal LA which seems to have calmed me down a great deal but had another attack this morning.I know that I am in good health but now I seem to have a dull throbbing at the back of my eyes going off to the side of my head which is not painfull,but annoying and because I am now freaking at this I am forgetting stuff and starting to question my sanity and now I have it in my head it's a tumor.Can anyone just reasure me this is normal in cases of anxiety and put my mind at ease.Reading through the symtoms of anxiety on google I have to agree they all tie in with what I am experiencing at the moment but I cant get it into my head thats what condition I have.HELP!!!!!!

manmoor
01-06-06, 14:40
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum can I ask you first to stop googling very bad idea. What you have is health anxiety same as myself. This forum is absolutely brilliant for us sufferers with lots of advice and everyones so friendly. I think if you stop googling it will help you a lot cos iI used to do that and I ended up having cancers on parts of the body I didnt even know I had(lol). This week Ive already had bone cancer/muscle cancer!/brain tumour and its only Thursday. You are not alone hope we can all help herex

Mandy

giddy
01-06-06, 14:45
Hi Mark - welcome to the forum. All the things you are experiencing are symptoms of anxiety and we have all suffered them too at some point. I'm glad the medication seems to be working for you - remember it will take time and you will have some set backs - like the PA this morning. Try not to let it get you down and keep moving forward and like Mandy says - stop googling!! If you haven't the Claire Weekes book I would recommend you buy it and give it a read.
Take Care
Love Helen

markm
01-06-06, 14:52
Thanks all,I promise that today was my last day for googling.Last week after going on the net I was convinced i had stomach/intestinal cancer coz I was passing black poo.Turned out to be a possibleulcer which my doc gave me Ompreazole for and it cleared up till i freaked out again and now its back to normal,strange how things work.But spending time on here has helped me to realise im not alone.

Sheik N Shimmy
01-06-06, 14:53
Hi Mark,

I've had ALL your symptoms (and lots more) and my doctors have told me that there is nothing wrong with me (apart from anxiety and GERD[8D]).

The pins and needles came from hyperventilation and constantly scaring yourself to death by googling symptoms naturally makes you tired.

Mornings were the worst time for me.

I pulled through with the help of the people here and by believing the health professionals that examined me who said I was fine.

My conclusion was that there are things you should get checked out by your GP but that once they give you the all-clear then stop worrying about it.

Best of luck,

E

Keep On Keepin On

Daisybun
01-06-06, 16:16
Hi Mark
Welcome, health anxiety is yuck and when we google symptoms it just feeds it even more, but we can't resist can we as we are so afraid! I have had so many things this last year that I have been dying from and I'm still here with nothing serious, just waiting on the next thing now.
Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

mandie
02-06-06, 12:00
Hi Mark

Im another health anxiety sufferer. I had to stop looking up symptoms on the net cause it was causing me more anxiety.

Im so glad i found this site because it helps to know we are not alone in this.

love mandie x