PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody suffer with Frequent Urination?

reddevil
01-06-06, 14:39
Hello,

Can not understand but one of my worse enemies is back "frequent urination".

I suffered from this (August 2005 - March 2006) and had all the tests like xrays and even the telescope inserted into the bladder.

This symtom disappeared when other symtoms were present (pins&needles and mouth worries etc).
Since I have had my other symtoms checked out and reassured, the frequent urination is back.

Does anybody else suffer from this dreaded frequent urination?

Daisybun
01-06-06, 16:12
Hi Tony, well I can safely say that this is is the worst symptom so far. I've had this for about a month and it is making my life a misery. It has so upset my bladder now. Yesterday I had a scan and it revealed I have kidney crystals/stones, which may account for some of the lower back pain I have but I have a feeling of constantly needing the toilet at times and it is so depressing, having that telescope thing tomorrow and worried sick. Googled symptoms when it started and convinced myself i have something serious and incurable. It is really getting me down, but when I don't seem so stressed it has got better for a while - I can sympathise with you 100%, I feel this is so restricting now. I've even gone to timimg myself and waiting but I think that may have caused other problems. I'm sure it will all sort out, have to have faith and try and relax.
I can really sympathise with you.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

PurpleRain
02-06-06, 01:20
Hi Tony,
Yep i also feel a need to pee more often than i think is normal.I have been better recently though ive been able to accept its because of my anxiety and ive been more relaxed about it.
I think its the whole losing control fear that its related to with me.
Like you say youve had all the tests and you are fine,i know its easier said than done but once you are able to accept its anxiety related you should feel better.
Also get checked for diabetes if you havnt already this can cause frequent urination.
Also i think it was you that was querying about bvitamins,b vitamins turn your pee bright yellow so dont be alarmed by this if you notice this after taking your vitamins.
Take care xx

Daisybun,
Hope all goes ok tomorrow when you have your tests,im sure youll be fine,i dont know much about kidney stones to be honest but from what i remember they are easily treatable?
Thinking of you,take care xx

mandie
02-06-06, 11:50
Hi Tony

I have this too.

I was having an anxious day yesterday so was going all the time.

Its annoying but when im having a good day im ok, so hopefully its just related to my anxiety.

love mandie x

whatisitnow
02-06-06, 17:06
I have never in my life had this problem until recently. I do tend to drink more water these days so it could even just be that! But its not uncommon that being anxious makes you wee more, its not called an anxious bladder for nothing lol Is damn annoying though, i used to be able to go out for about 8 hours in the day & not need to go til i got home, no chance of even half that time these days!

Daisybun
02-06-06, 17:12
Hi Tony
I've just got back from my test and evrything is fine, been given some meds to help. Dr seems to think that the condition could have been brought on by stress and the anxiety is not helping. It may get better when the anxiety clears up.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

reddevil
02-06-06, 18:04
Hi,

I'm glad everything went ok today for you. I remembered you was having the telescope today when I logged on at dinner time.

So, anxiety can cause this frequent urination then?

I thought I had got rid of it but it's come back as I suppose my brain needs something to worry about.

The night is the worse just trying to get to sleep, lol.

I'm on 20mg of amitriptyline to try and help calm anxiety.

Daisybun
02-06-06, 20:38
Hi Tony
Well I'm a little sore as you can imagine but i am more relaxed and guess what, don't need the loo as much! Ironic isn't it? Not counting my chickens yet but fingers crossed. Hope you feel better soon

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'