PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding the avoidance Part II

eternally optimistic
30-11-11, 22:11
Hello all

Today, due in my local city, somewhere I would normally avoid (see previous post) and I had to take my daughter to the dental hospital to get sorted.

We did that without too much hassle and I had a few blippy feelings but let it manage to go over and T H E N, I bloody well walked around a large store on my own. I do this in very "comfortable" places I know but not normally here.

The weird thing was I didnt really think, shall I shant I, that was the success to it I think.

I even had to contemplate going back to the car park alone which would probably normally daunt me as I always get scared what might happen if I have a turn on my own.

Anyway, I can truly say that I am well chuffed that I managed this. I felt so "normal", like the other people milling around. There was also a massive demonstration going on with the strikes and that has just passed me by.

The fact that I have done this, even if it is with the help of meds, it gives hope to others, I hope.

Downsinthenorth
02-12-11, 11:08
To Jay ann

Congratulations! It's particularly well done as there would have been loads of people around with the demonstrations. You should feel proud of yourself.

Mindful
02-12-11, 11:27
Well done you!

:hugs:

Anxious_gal
02-12-11, 14:03
Aw well done :) I find things like that build up my confidence , plus it sure is nice to enjoy being out n about.