PDA

View Full Version : Whoosing in Left Ear, Scared!

CJA09
01-12-11, 20:31
Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago I had a cold which seemed to go but then I started to get a head ache, blocked ears and a whoosing noise in my left ear. Saw Dr and she said I had sinusitus so took a week of antibiotics, had no change so saw her again and put on stronger course of antibiotics. I have finished them now but still have this whoosing in my left ear which can get really loud!
I stupidly googled it and have panicked myself as it says so many scary thing inc it could cause a stroke! I'm so frightened! Anyone experienced this?

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Oh and when Dr looked in my ears they are both totally clear... :(

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

Anyone? Please?

Zee
01-12-11, 21:02
I have a constant wooshing noise in my right ear..Its not noticeable during the day due to background noises but at night when quiet its there.
My ears were also clear and also the Carotid artery clear. It was basically put down to sinus. Then GP suggested anxiety can also cause it.

CJA09
01-12-11, 21:41
I carried on googling and it seems to be pulsitile tinnitus and that could mean i have Benign Intracranial Hypertension, most common in young overweight women. I'm 28 and 23 stone. Having panick attacks now and feeling so scared :(

nomorepanic
01-12-11, 22:44
Please don't google - you will only find the worse case scenario.

Go back and see your doctor