PDA

View Full Version : Hi

crazybeautiful
01-12-11, 19:40
I have been suffering from agoraphobia and social phobia for 8 years. I am feeling very depressed at the moment which lead to an A&E visit yesterday :weep: I guess I just need someone to talk to.

diane07
01-12-11, 19:45
Hi crazybeautiful

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

loreen
01-12-11, 21:29
I just wanted to say hello. Talking to someone really can help when you are feeling so down. Have you spoken to your doctor? I found it a great relief to finally tell someone how bad I felt and it was reassuring to know he has the medical knowledge to help me.
Take care
Loreen x

Scottish_lad100
01-12-11, 21:31
hi crazy beautiful,

welcome to NMP, i'm sure you will find this forum to be beneficial for you. Its always nice to know and somewhat comforting to find others that are going through the same thing :)

crazybeautiful
02-12-11, 10:49
I have spoken to 5 doctors in the last 3 days and all they say is things will get better overtime and don't take an overdose again it will hurt you (yeah that was the whole point :mad: )

sickandtired
02-12-11, 14:24
oh god please dont do that again.just talking to someone really helps.ive been to my friends this afternoon....was dreading as my self esteem has plummetted,but she,s my friend and i know she,ll understand.i told her more whats goin on in my head and i think she,s gets the picture now...you cant just snap out of it,like people think,it takes time,but i am POSITIVE talking helps.ive cried every day for over a week and feel like i wont get better some days,but the first port of call - DOCTORS! the 5 doctors you have seen so far really dont seem to understand how you are feeling,can you not speak to another one? did any of them suggest cbt? have you tried meds? Im sure a combination of meds and cbt will help,im on here most days....chat with me anytime,although im a newbie too,but there are some other really helpful 'survivors' on here.
really hope you get the help you need,this is not a nice experience at all

crazybeautiful
02-12-11, 14:46
I have been on venlafaxine for a year and I am waiting for cbt. I just feel like no one is helping me, I just passed from one person to the next and nothing seems to be happening :weep:

Corona89
02-12-11, 14:54
I have spoken to 5 doctors in the last 3 days and all they say is things will get better overtime and don't take an overdose again it will hurt you (yeah that was the whole point :mad: )

I felt so bad reading that there. It's a cruel world we live in but you have to believe things get better! Please don't hurt yourself again and if you ever feel the need to just BELIEVE things will get better, beacuse they will trust me.