PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Nickleberry
01-12-11, 20:03
Just a quick Hello to everyone......

Been suffering really badly with my latest bout of anxiety depression and really struggling to get over it, its now been about 15 months now and not feeling any better. Not on any meds at the mo, tried Citalopram for a few months from last September but wasn't a pleasant experience to say the least. So been trying to combat it using holistic methods so far with no avail......seems that I WILL be going to the chemist soon to get the Sertraline that my GP prescribed a couple of months ago, scared of the side effects like a big wimp lol which is partly why I have delayed going to get them.

Anyway I am so glad to have found this site, looking forward to chatting to you all in the future.

Nickleberry :)

nomorepanic
01-12-11, 20:04
Hi Nickleberry

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Scottish_lad100
01-12-11, 20:27
welcome nickleberry i'm new also :)

pinkdove
01-12-11, 21:13
:welcome: to nmp, sorry you are having such a tough time, but be brave and collect your script, it will be the first step to recovering try reading some of the sucess stories on here, it will help. wishing you well x

Nickleberry
01-12-11, 21:54
Thanks for the welcome :flowers:

fisher
02-12-11, 14:03
hiya everyone, i have just joined today, i used to be a member some years ago, i have suffered anxiety so if anybody has anything to ask, please send me a message, i never took any medications off my doctor because i was always scared of the side effects, you can beat it really trust me, am not saying you will ever get rid of anxiety but you will get to a piont were you can handle it, good luck everyone.

Corona89
02-12-11, 14:49
Nickle i went from Citalopram to Sertraline and had almost no side effects with the Sertraline compared to 3 weeks of crazy feelings with the Citalopram. Good luck and one thing I'd suggest is don't stop Sertraline cold turkey as I did this and felt great then it gradually creeped back in, now back on the pills for about 7 weeks and having no effects on me. Good luck and i hope you feel better.

lauz_lea
02-12-11, 16:14
I'm back on my meds too - wish I'd never stopped taking them in the fist place, but hey, live and learn.

I would rather tolerate a few weeks of horrendous SE's than years of being in the pit of despair I've found myself in before due to fears of taking the AD's (but if you'd have asked me this morning I'd have gladly stopped taking the meds).

Good luck - just gotta tough it out and know that the good day is around the corner :)